Young woman falls onto NYC subway tracks, dies
New York: New York City police have reported that a young woman stumbling around on a subway platform not far from Times Square fell onto the tracks and was killed by an oncoming train.
The accident occurred before dawn on New Year`s Day at a station just one stop from where revellers gather in Times Square to celebrate at midnight.
Police said that the victim was in her 20s. Her name was not released.
Subway deaths are common in the city, but attention on such incidents has been high in recent weeks after two men were pushed to their deaths in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS