Young woman falls onto NYC subway tracks, dies
New York: New York City police have reported that a young woman stumbling around on a subway platform not far from Times Square fell onto the tracks and was killed by an oncoming train.
The accident occurred before dawn on New Year`s Day at a station just one stop from where revellers gather in Times Square to celebrate at midnight.
Police said that the victim was in her 20s. Her name was not released.
Subway deaths are common in the city, but attention on such incidents has been high in recent weeks after two men were pushed to their deaths in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?