Young woman falls onto NYC subway tracks, dies
New York: New York City police have reported that a young woman stumbling around on a subway platform not far from Times Square fell onto the tracks and was killed by an oncoming train.
The accident occurred before dawn on New Year`s Day at a station just one stop from where revellers gather in Times Square to celebrate at midnight.
Police said that the victim was in her 20s. Her name was not released.
Subway deaths are common in the city, but attention on such incidents has been high in recent weeks after two men were pushed to their deaths in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says