Zimbabwe for UN permanent seat for Africa
Yokohama (Japan): Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe Sunday demanded that Africa be allotted a permanent seat in the UN Security Council.
Mugabe said this would help Africa play "a full part" in safeguarding global peace and stability, reports Xinhua.
The president was referring to a planned meeting Monday between Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and African leaders on Security Council reforms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming