Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma has filed an FIR over a fake Twitter account created in his name, a police official said here on Sunday.
North East News
"Will naming Beijing as Mumbai make China's capital an Indian territory," asks the president of the Arunachal Chamber of Commerce and Industries summing up the mood of locals on China renaming places in Arunachal Pradesh.
Predicting Meghalaya`s Congress-led government`s downfall, BJP poll strategist Himanta Biswa Sarma has shown confidence that his party will win the people`s mandate in the state in 2018.
The BJP will lodge a police complaint against "vested interest" groups labeling it on social media as an "anti-Christian party", a leader of the BJP`s Meghalaya unit said on Wednesday.
China claims Arunachal Pradesh as 'South Tibet'.
Congress MLA Ginsuahau Zou and 14 councillors from the party have joined the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Manipur.
Union Information and Broadcasting Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu has said that the only way for development of the North-east is peace and terrorism and Insurgency are anti-development.
The government has extended the ceasefire with the National Socialist Council of Nagaland-Reformation (NSCN-R) till April 27, 2018, it was announced on Tuesday.
Unidentified gunmen, suspected to be Kuki tribal militants, opened fire at oil tankers on Tuesday morning in Manipur's Kangpokpi district. The attack caused no casualty, the police said.
The month-old BJP-led coalition government in Manipur was rocked with senior Minister L. Jayentakumar - in charge of Health and three other important portfolios - tendering his resignation in protest against "uncalled for interference" by Chief Minister N. Biren Singh.
Sikkim Democratic Front (SDF) candidate Dilli Ram Thapa on Saturday won the upper Burtuk Assembly seat, garnering 8,406 votes in the bypolls.
The Tripura High Court will hear cases during the 11-day summer vacation beginning May 15 to clear the backlog of pending cases, an official said here on Friday.
The BSF has seized over 3000 cattle and contraband items worth lakhs of rupees from the un-fenced stretches along the Indo-Bangladesh border in Meghalaya this year.
The Democratic Alliance of Nagaland government will not join any activity relating to promotion of Digital Payment on Good Friday, Chief Secretary Pankaj Kumar said on Wednesday.
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister's official bungalow was recently converted into state guest house over fears that ''it was possessed by evil spirits.''
In yet another provocative attempt, Chinese media has said, people of Arunachal Pradesh are unhappy under India's 'illegal' rule, and looking forward to returning to China.
Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama on Tuesday wrapped up his week-long tour of Arunachal Pradesh, which Beijing had strongly objected to.
The Supreme Court asked the Centre on Friday to segregate the cases related to the armed forces from the list of 265 incidents of extra-judicial killings in Manipur, which it would deal with first on a plea seeking probe into such alleged fake encounter killings.
The Nobel peace laureate will stay at Tawang monastery, the largest in India and second only to the world`s largest - the Potala Palace in Tibet.
Peace talks with ULFA (Independent), led by Paresh Axom (Baruah), is only possible if the Centre comes forward for a dialogue process, pro-talk ULFA leader and its general secretary Anup Chetia on Thursday said.
A top militant of the United Kuki Liberation Army (UKLA) carrying a reward of Rs 1 lakh on his head and two other cadres of the UKLA were arrested from Senapati district, police said on Thursday.
China has lodged a protest with Indian Ambassador Vijay Gokhale in Beijing over the Dalai Lama's visit.
China considers Arunachal Pradesh to be a part of southernmost Tibet.
The Dalai Lama's visit to Arunachal Pradesh comes eight years after his previous visit in 2009.
Several houses were destroyed by a storm here while hundreds of others remain submerged in flood waters across Manipur, officials said on Monday.
The BJP on Monday accused the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) of not respecting democratic federalism besides misuse and non-utilisation of central funds by the Left government in Tripura.
Arunachal Pradesh is fully ready to welcome Tibetan spiritual leader The Dalai Lama during his three-day visit from April 4.The Noble Laureate arrived in Guwahati on Saturday.
Meghalaya and Assam on Saturday ordered the Chief Secretaries of both the states to re-start their dialogue process to resolve the vexed inter-state boundary disputes.
Giving strategic interests a further push, the Centre is exploring feasibility to connect Sino-India border district Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh with the railway network.
- DNA: This is how tribal people of MP can help tackle stone pelters in Kashmir
- Terrorists wearing saffron clothes may attack; MP's secret intelligence agency alerts UP
- MCD elections: Report on voting conditions in different areas around Delhi
- Cow security: Mob attacks family in Jammu accusing them of cow-trafficking
- India successfully tests the land attack version of Brahmos missile
- Al-Qaeda chief Ayman al-Zawahiri hiding in Pakistan with ISI's help
- Sulkhan Singh becomes the new DGP of Uttar Pradesh
- Former UP minister Azam Khan exposed for illegal possession of lands
- Why did CM Yogi opt for Sulkhan Singh as new UP DGP? - Report
- MCD elections: Voting begins on 270 seats in Delhi
- Central minister Ravi Shankar Prasad makes controversial statement on Muslims
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show : Why is honesty important for success?
- DNA: Analysing how government's move of prescribing generic medicines would help public
- Maj Gen (Retd) Somnath Jha pays tribute to 21,000 martyrs by cycling for 12,000 km
- Shocking! Terrorists planning to strike U P
- Alien hunters spot possible tree stump on Mars, say it points towards existence of vegetation on Red Planet!
- IPL 2017, KKR vs RCB: Fuming Virat Kohli gives an earful to match official after getting out for golden duck — WATCH
- MS Dhoni unleashes trademark 'helicopter shot', hits Bhuvneshwar Kumar for a six – Watch Video
- IPL 2017: Mahendra Singh Dhoni silences critics with marvellous knock, helps Pune beat Hyderabad in last ball — WATCH
- Sonu Nigam posts ‘Azaan’ video on Twitter, says 'good morning India' – Watch
- Sonu Nigam ‘Azaan’ tweet row: Here's what Kangana Ranaut has to say
- Reliance Jio plan Vs Airtel, BSNL, Idea – These could be your best bet
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Pakistan's ex-President Pervez Musharraf reveals what he thinks of PM Narendra Modi and UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- Michael Clarke picks India's ICC Champions Trophy XI; Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma in as openers
- Mustafizur Rahman to leave Sunrisers Hyderabad on April 25 to begin Champions Trophy preparations – Report
- IPL 2017, Match 27: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders — As it happened...
- Barkha Singh Shukla, expelled by Congress after calling Rahul Gandhi 'mentally unfit', joins BJP, hails PM Narendra Modi
- WATCH: Ball boy steals the show at Mumbai-Delhi IPL match, takes a breathtaking catch
- IPL 2017: RCB star AB de Villiers plays cricket with son Abraham, video cross 1 million mark - WATCH
- IPL 2017, Match 25: Mumbai Indians vs Delhi Daredevils – As it happened...