Week-long incessant pre-monsoon rains, thunderstorm and heavy lightning disrupted life in northeastern states while road connectivity remained cut-off in Mizoram due to landslides, officials said on Wednesday.
North East News
Lashing out racial abuse faced by northeastern people in major Indian cities, Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla says he himself was a victim of such slurs in various corners of the country.
Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma has filed an FIR over a fake Twitter account created in his name, a police official said here on Sunday.
"Will naming Beijing as Mumbai make China's capital an Indian territory," asks the president of the Arunachal Chamber of Commerce and Industries summing up the mood of locals on China renaming places in Arunachal Pradesh.
Predicting Meghalaya`s Congress-led government`s downfall, BJP poll strategist Himanta Biswa Sarma has shown confidence that his party will win the people`s mandate in the state in 2018.
The BJP will lodge a police complaint against "vested interest" groups labeling it on social media as an "anti-Christian party", a leader of the BJP`s Meghalaya unit said on Wednesday.
China claims Arunachal Pradesh as 'South Tibet'.
Congress MLA Ginsuahau Zou and 14 councillors from the party have joined the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Manipur.
Union Information and Broadcasting Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu has said that the only way for development of the North-east is peace and terrorism and Insurgency are anti-development.
The government has extended the ceasefire with the National Socialist Council of Nagaland-Reformation (NSCN-R) till April 27, 2018, it was announced on Tuesday.
Unidentified gunmen, suspected to be Kuki tribal militants, opened fire at oil tankers on Tuesday morning in Manipur's Kangpokpi district. The attack caused no casualty, the police said.
The month-old BJP-led coalition government in Manipur was rocked with senior Minister L. Jayentakumar - in charge of Health and three other important portfolios - tendering his resignation in protest against "uncalled for interference" by Chief Minister N. Biren Singh.
Sikkim Democratic Front (SDF) candidate Dilli Ram Thapa on Saturday won the upper Burtuk Assembly seat, garnering 8,406 votes in the bypolls.
The Tripura High Court will hear cases during the 11-day summer vacation beginning May 15 to clear the backlog of pending cases, an official said here on Friday.
The BSF has seized over 3000 cattle and contraband items worth lakhs of rupees from the un-fenced stretches along the Indo-Bangladesh border in Meghalaya this year.
The Democratic Alliance of Nagaland government will not join any activity relating to promotion of Digital Payment on Good Friday, Chief Secretary Pankaj Kumar said on Wednesday.
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister's official bungalow was recently converted into state guest house over fears that ''it was possessed by evil spirits.''
In yet another provocative attempt, Chinese media has said, people of Arunachal Pradesh are unhappy under India's 'illegal' rule, and looking forward to returning to China.
Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama on Tuesday wrapped up his week-long tour of Arunachal Pradesh, which Beijing had strongly objected to.
The Supreme Court asked the Centre on Friday to segregate the cases related to the armed forces from the list of 265 incidents of extra-judicial killings in Manipur, which it would deal with first on a plea seeking probe into such alleged fake encounter killings.
The Nobel peace laureate will stay at Tawang monastery, the largest in India and second only to the world`s largest - the Potala Palace in Tibet.
Peace talks with ULFA (Independent), led by Paresh Axom (Baruah), is only possible if the Centre comes forward for a dialogue process, pro-talk ULFA leader and its general secretary Anup Chetia on Thursday said.
A top militant of the United Kuki Liberation Army (UKLA) carrying a reward of Rs 1 lakh on his head and two other cadres of the UKLA were arrested from Senapati district, police said on Thursday.
China has lodged a protest with Indian Ambassador Vijay Gokhale in Beijing over the Dalai Lama's visit.
China considers Arunachal Pradesh to be a part of southernmost Tibet.
The Dalai Lama's visit to Arunachal Pradesh comes eight years after his previous visit in 2009.
Several houses were destroyed by a storm here while hundreds of others remain submerged in flood waters across Manipur, officials said on Monday.
The BJP on Monday accused the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) of not respecting democratic federalism besides misuse and non-utilisation of central funds by the Left government in Tripura.
Arunachal Pradesh is fully ready to welcome Tibetan spiritual leader The Dalai Lama during his three-day visit from April 4.The Noble Laureate arrived in Guwahati on Saturday.
Meghalaya and Assam on Saturday ordered the Chief Secretaries of both the states to re-start their dialogue process to resolve the vexed inter-state boundary disputes.
- Project Ghatak: All you need to know about India's stealth combat drones
- Chhattisgarh: 25 CRPF soldiers martyred in Naxal attack in Sukma
- Delhi MCD Election Results 2017: Confident of BJP's win in civic polls, says Manoj Tiwari
- Ground report: How Naxals attacked CRPF battallion in Sukma!
- Kashmir violence: Students boycott classes, throw stones on security forces
- Discussion - The big issues of Delhi MCD elections 2017
- National-level player Shumaila gets triple talaq for giving birth to a girl
- Terrifying footage shows Cheetah attacking tourist in South Africa sanctuary
- More than 20 CRPF jawans martyred in Sukma ambush, PM Modi offers condolences
- DNA: When will government take serious action against Naxalites?
- Why are students resorting to stone pelting in J&K?
- DNA: Is Pakistan showing dual standards on the subject of terrorism?
- Sukma attack: 70% women among Naxalite attackers in Monday encounter
- I take this attack as a challenge, says Rajnath Singh on Sukma ambush
- It's people's mandate, accept it gracefully: Sheila Dikshit on MCD election results
- Check bse.odisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic; Odisha BSE HSC Class 10 Results 2017, BSE Odisha Results 2017, Odisha Matric Results 2017 declared
- MCD Election Results 2017 LIVE: PM Narendra Modi 'grateful' to Delhi voters fo BJP win; AAP No 2, Congress No 3
- Baba Ramdev says 'I am safe and healthy, don't believe in any rumours'
- MCD polls: 34 MLAs want Arvind Kejriwal's resignation as Delhi CM if AAP loses?
- Arvind Kejriwal threatens to launch 'movement` if MCD exit poll results, predicting BJP victory, come true
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Amla juice found unsafe; Armed forces' stores suspend sale
- HPBOSE 12th Result 2017, HP Board 12th Result 2017, Himachal Pradesh Class 12 Results 2017 expected to be announced today; check hpbose.org
- Why should I remove it, Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah on red beacon
- North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) Election Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins 29 seats, Congress 9, AAP 10
- Watch: India's 'Ghatak' project – Stealth combat drones
- Nawazuddin Sidduiqui’s DNA test report reveals his true religion – WATCH
- Delhi Daredevils, Anil Kumble commit Twitter gaffe, wish wrong Sagarika on engagement with Zaheer Khan
- Aadhar for cattle? Centre proposes 'Unique Identification Number' for each cow, progeny
- Bandh in Tamil Nadu today in support of drought-hit farmers; DMK, Congress back shutdown
- Monkey fever claims woman's life in Goa - What you need to know about this condition