The third phase of polls recorded 75 per cent voter turnout in which Sonepur district recorded highest with 86 per cent.
The third round of Panchayat elections in Odisha ended peacefully today with a 75 per cent turnout across 65 blocks in the state.
The carcas of a whale was found washed ashore on a Puri beach on Thursday.
Barring stray incidents, the second phase of the three-tier panchayat polls concluded peacefully across Odisha on Wednesday with 73 percent voter turnout.
At least two persons died, several others were injured and three vehicles were torched in pre and post poll violence during the ongoing panchayat elections in Odisha.
In a bid to clear additional rush of passengers during summer season, the Railways has decided to run summer special trains to different destinations of the country from and through East Coast Railway (ECoR) jurisdiction by creating extra berths.
Panchayat elections will be held in five phases in Odisha on February 13, 15, 17, 19 and 21 respectively.
All arrangements have been made for the first phase polling of the three-tier panchayat elections in Odisha, scheduled to begin at 7 am tomorrow, the State Election Commission (SEC) said today.
A local court here on Saturday rejected the bail plea of TMC MP Sudip Bandyopadhyay.
The Odisha Police on Thursday began probe into the landmine blast in Koraput district, in which at least eight policemen and five others were injured.
The body of Odisha State Armed Police official Tulasiram Majhi, who went missing after the blast, was found on Thursday morning.
At least seven police personnel were killed and five injured in a landmine blast triggered by suspected Maoists in Odisha's Koraput district on Wednesday, police said.
A landmine blast killed four policemen in southeastern India on Wednesday, a senior officer said, with Maoists suspected of being behind the latest attack in the restive region.
A total of 36,779 candidates, including 36,222 contesting for the posts of ward members, have won the elections even before polling, State Election Commission (SEC) Secretary Rabindra Nath Sahu said.
A woman was beheaded while her teenaged children and a relative were hacked to death by unidentified assailants in a village in Balasore district, police said.
The Odisha government on Sunday announced ex-gratia of Rs five lakh each for the next of kin of those killed in the Jagdalpur-Bhubaneswar Hirakhand Express derailment at Kuneru in Andhra Pradesh this morning.
The State Election Commission (SEC) on Saturday held up the panchayat elections in Odisha's Chitrakonda block bordering Andhra Pradesh due to Maoist threats.
Panchayat elections in Odisha will begin from February 13 and conclude on February 21.
The CBI today carried out searches at 36 locations in Odisha in connection with the Seashore Group ponzi scam.
Four persons, including two women, were killed today when the car in which they were travelling rammed into a parked truck at Jaraka bazar on NH-5 in Odisha's Jajpur district.
The elections will be conducted in five phases in 852 Zilla Parishad zones of 314 blocks, SEC Secretary Rabindra Sahu said.
The ordeal of Gati Dhibar is similar to Dana Majhi, a man who carried his dead wife on the shoulder for 13 kilometres.
Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh may see himself locked in an electoral battle with another former soldier, J J Singh, for the Patiala assembly seat during the polls in the state.
Unseasonal rain and hailstorm lashed different parts of western Odisha including industrial town of Jharsuguda town last evening.
An anti-social, allegedly involved in at least eight heinous crimes in Odisha's Ganjam district, was arrested by police following an encounter in Chanchadapalli-Barapalli jungle, police said today.
The Coast Guard rescued six crew members of a fishing boat that had developed technical snag at sea about 80 nautical miles south of Paradip in Odisha, officials said today.
The State Election Commission (SEC) on Tuesday announced dates for panchayat polls in Odisha.
Odisha Congress vice-president Pradeep Majhi and other party leaders today ended their six-day hunger strike after submitting a memorandum to Governor S C Jamir and announced to intensify its stir against the government's "anti-tribal" atittude.
Opposition Congress and BJP today separately called for a bandh in the Japanese Encephalitis-hit Malkangiri district of Odisha ahead of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik's one-day visit scheduled tomorrow, even as ruling BJD criticised their move calling it one "challenging democracy".
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday sought Prime Minister Narendra Modi's intervention for inclusion of Odia language as a medium of examination in the prestigious National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) for medical courses.
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- PM Modi - President Trump meeting at White House: Ten big things
- PM Modi, President Trump hug each other in Rose Garden at White House
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- Experts view on PM Narendra Modi's US visit
- Watch! Here are 20 key points of Modi-Trump meet
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- Jolt to Pakistan: US declares Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin a global terrorist
- Eid being celebrated across the country today
- Modi in US: I will fulfill the dreams you have seen for India, PM tells Indian diaspora
- At least 6 dead, several missing after tourist boat sinks in Colombia
- Donald Trump, wife Melania accord warm red carpet welcome to PM Narendra Modi at the White House
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to take up proposal on allowances tomorrow, will govt employees get HRA higher than Mathur panel?
- Guess what PM Modi gifted President Trump and wife Melania!
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- India's tour of West Indies: Skipper Virat Kohli hints at Rishabh Pant's inclusion for third ODI
- WATCH: Virat Kohli wishes 'Eid Mubarak' to all his fans