A heavy downpour in Puri did not prevent devotees from joining up for annual Lord Jagannath Rath Yatra on Sunday.
This new OSAF will meet the challenge at the time of need," Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said.
The International Yoga Day was enthusiastically observed across Odisha on Wednesday, with thousands taking part in several events.
Yet another case of administrative apathy, this time in Odisha, came to fore when a man was compelled to carry the dead body of his infant in his hand.
UNESCO has also proposed to set up a world class conservation centre with climate change observatory and state-of-art data and monitoring facilities.
Senior BJP leader Bijoy Mohapatra on Saturday urged the Central Water Commission (CWC) to facilitate an agreement between Odisha and Chhattisgarh for proper sharing of the Mahanadi river water.
BJP Odisha unit president Basanta Panda said that Amit Shah's presence in Delhi was important during the nomination process for the presidential election.
Union Minister Babul Supriyo on Thursday ridiculed the ruling BJD and the opposition Congress in Odisha and said he would make omelet if eggs were hurled at him.
Bikash Das, who belongs to a family that comes below the poverty line, has secured 582 rank in the SC category, and is now eligible for a seat in the IIT.
A father carried the dead body of her minor daughter on the district medical stretcher to his village, in perhaps yet another shameful incident.
The Department of Higher Education (DHE) Odisha has released the first phase cut off list for admissions into +2 courses in colleges.
The MeT office forecast occurrence of heavy rainfall in one or two places in Balasore, Bhadrak, Kendrapara, Keonjhar, Mayurbhanj, Dhenkanal, Angul and Jajpur districts.
Amid speculation of BJD MP Baijayant Panda planning to join the BJP, Union minister Dharmendra Pradhan on Saturday said the saffron party welcomed all good people to its fold.
The bandh observers demanded immediate opening of the gates of the barrage so that the flow of Mahanadi into Odisha from Chhattisgarh does not get affected.
The police said that a banner, allegedly put up by the red rebels, at the proposed educational complex of KISS at Panchada in Koraput district was seized yesterday.
A truck collided with an auto-rickshaw killing eight people and seriously injuring two passengers in Jagatsinghpur district on Saturday.
Around 100 CCTV cameras have been installed to monitor the bathing ritual of the deities.
Sunstroke toll climbed to 16 in Odisha on Friday even as rains and a nor'wester in some areas brought respite from intense heat in the state.
Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan on Thursday urged Water Resources Minister Uma Bharti to advise the Chhattisgarh government to open the gates of Kalma barrage to ensure free flow of water in the Mahanadi river.
Senior Odisha BJP leader and Oil minister Dharmendra Pradhan has requested Union Water Resources minister Uma Bharti to advice Chattisgarh government to ensure free flow of water in Mahanandi river.
A Maoist couple, involved in a number of crimes including murder and carrying rewards totalling Rs nine lakh on their heads, surrendered before police in Malkangiri district on Wednesday to return to the mainstream as they were fed up with naxal activities.
Odisha, which has been hit by severe heat, is likely to experience rainfall and thunder squall by Wednesday, the Met department said.
The two accused were produced before the chit fund court that remanded them to five days' police custody.
“Our boys are on high morale and have given a befitting reply to the Maoists," Director General of Police K B Singh after visiting the attack site.
One jawan belonging to the Special Operations Group (SOG) was martyred in an encounter with Maoists near Kandhamal district of Odisha on Sunday evening.
A Maoist involved in half a dozen murder cases and carrying a reward of Rs four lakh reward on his head was killed in an encounter with security forces in Malkangiri district early on Saturday.
India on Friday successfully test-fired Prithvi-II ballistic missile from the launch pad No.3 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur in Odisha's Balasore.
Internet users are going crazy over this dance video of college girls.
The Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE), Odisha declared Result of +2 (Class XII) Arts/Commerce (Regular) Exam 2017 on Wednesday.
The CHSE Class 12th Arts & Commerce results will be declared by the Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE), Odisha today.
- DNA: Boris Becker declared bankrupt over long-standing debt
- Separatist leader Yasin Malik arrested in Srinagar
- Boys try to hit SHO by car in Gurugram - Watch
- EC disqualifies MP minister over incorrect filing of election expenditure
- Lady police officer scolds BJP leader over arrogant behaviour in UP
- Bihar: Are the Presidential elections causing a rift in the Mahagathbandhan?
- DNA: Nonstop News
- Heavy rains in Mumbai trigger warnings of high tide
- DNA : Non Stop News, 24 June 2017
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Narendra Modi conveys his wishes to the nation on Eid
- DNA: Analysis of Haryana's village with shameful gender ratio
- J&K: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Naushera sector
- PM Modi lands in Washington DC for his 2-day US tour
- DNA: Police officer stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid in Srinagar
- Watch: 140th Jagannath Rath Yatra begins in Ahmedabad
- WATCH: Jason Roy becomes first man ever to be dismissed for obstructing field in T20Is
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world’s heaviest woman, can now sit and eat on her own
- Adam Gilchrist casts doubt on MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh's continuity till 2019 World Cup
- 2017 Australian Open Super Series Final: As it happened...
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Kiku Sharda welcomes Chandan Prabhakar back with a heartfelt message!
- Airtel extends 30GB free data offer for another 3 months – Check out details
- Nitish Kumar uncomfortable in grand alliance with RJD, Congress, will welcome him if he joins NDA: BJP
- Mohammad Nabi thanks BCCI for helping Afghanistan get Test status; hopes to play first 5-day match against India
- Subramanian Swamy says security cover given to Mirwaiz Umar Farooq should be revoked
- West Bengal: BJP demands CM Mamata Banerjee's resignation over attack on MP George Baker
- Sridevi REVEALS why she refused to play Sivagami in SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali'!
- Sheep gives birth to 'half-human half-animal' lamb in South Africa
- Baby Elephant chases birds and falls face-down at Sweden zoo – Watch
- Virat Kohli's picture 'peeping through dressing room' goes viral, Twitterati come up with hilarious captions
- Jasprit Bumrah's fiery post makes Jaipur Traffic Police delete Tweet, issue clarification to Indian speedster