Cashless economy: List of services that will be cheaper
In a bid to promote cashless economy in the wake of demonetisation move, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Thursday announced discount on array of services.
New Delhi: In a bid to promote cashless economy in the wake of demonetisation move, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Thursday announced discount on array of services.
Following the announcement, buying petrol, diesel, insurance and railways tickets through digital mode will now be cheaper from January 1 onwards.
Addressing the press a month after the demonetisation move, Jaitley announced the list of sops to promote digital payments.
Given below is the list of services that will become cheaper from January 1.
1) Petrol, diesel to be cheaper by 0.75 percent with payments made through either credit/debit cards, e-wallets and mobile wallets.
2) Service tax waived off on card transactions of up to Rs 2,000
3) 10 percent and 8 percent discount on new or premium payment of general and life insurance online via PSUs websites
4) 0.5 percent discount on monthly and seasonal suburban railway tickets purchased through digital mode
5) Rs 10 lakh insurance on railway tickets booked online
6) 5 percent discount on payments made through digital mode for railway catering, accommodation, retiring room
7) 10 percent discount for use of digital mode for paying for RFID or fast-tags for highway toll