Let's take a look at the features of new Rs 500 notes.
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: New currency notes of Rs 500 were issued by banks on Sunday, though it will take a while before ATMs start dispensing these notes.
The notes were issued by banks in Delhi, Bhopal and Mumbai.
- Rs 500 denomination banknotes will come in Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series with inset letter ‘L’ in both the number panels
- It will bear the signature of Dr Urjit R. Patel Governor, Reserve Bank of India
- The year of printing '2016’ and Swachh Bharat Logo printed on the reverse of the Banknote.
- The new Rs 500 banknotes are different from the earlier specified bank note (SBN) series in colour, size, theme, location of security features and design elements; the principal features are –
The size is 66mm x150mm
The colour is stone grey
Red Fort-an image of Indian heritage site with Indian flag on the reverse
- The banknote also has features (intaglio printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, Ashoka Pillar emblem, bleed lines, circle with Rs 500 in the right, and the identification mark) which enable the visually impaired person to identify the denomination.