New Rs 2000 notes hit the market: Check out the salient features
Here are the salient features of the new Rs 2000 banknotes.
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Reserve Bank of India has issued Rs 2000 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, without the inset letter.
Bearing the signature of RBI governor Dr Urjit R Patel, the year of printing '2016' is printed on the reverse of the banknote.
The new denomination has Motif of Mangalayan on the reverse, depicting the country’s first venture into the interplanetary space.
The base colour of the note is magenta. The note has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall colour scheme, both at the obverse and reverse.
Here are the salient features of the Rs 2000 banknotes:
1. See through register with denominational numeral 2000
2. Latent image with denominational numeral 2000
3. Denominational numeral २००० in Devnagari
4. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre
5. Micro letters ‘RBI’ and ‘2000’ on the left side of the banknote
6. Windowed security thread with inscriptions ‘भारत’, RBI and 2000 on banknotes with colour shift. Colour of the thread changes from green to blue when the note is tilted
7. Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right
8. Denominational numeral with Rupee Symbol, ₹2000 in colour changing ink (green to blue) on bottom right.
9. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (2000) watermarks
10. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side For visually impaired Intaglio or raised printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, Ashoka Pillar emblem, bleed lines and identity mark.
11. Horizontal rectangle with Rs 2000 in raised print on the right
12. Seven angular bleed lines on left and right side in raised print
13. Year of printing of the note on the left
14. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan
15. Language panel towards the centre
16. Motif of Mangalayan
17. Denominational numeral 2000 in Devnagari
18. Dimension of the banknote will be 66 mm × 166 mm