The Srinagar-bound Indian Airlines plane with 107 passengers and six crew members was hijacked and taken to Lahore in September 1981.
A Punjab court has acquitted a bus driver and his three accomplices of charges of molesting a 13 -year-old Dalit girl and pushing her off a moving bus leading to her death in Moga in 2015, citing "lack of evidence" after the victim's mother turned hostile.
Recently, a video has went viral in which a woman is being beaten up by her brother-in-law and his friends in Punjab's Patiala, allegedly for giving birth to a girl and over dowry demands.
The ED chargesheet was submitted in the court of a special judge in Mohali, adjoining Chandigarh, on Wednesday.
Senior lawyer and AAP legislator HS Phoolka on Tuesday resigned as the Leader of Opposition in the Punjab Assembly to be able to continue to fight cases of the 1984 anti-Sikh riots victims in courts.
"If water is not used judiciously and saved optimally, then water emergency is written on the wall in the times to come," Power and Irrigation minister Rana Gurjeet Singh said while talking to reporters at the residence of Harjit Singh Parmar here last night.
The mercury in most places in Haryana and Punjab remained below 30 degrees Celsius on Thursday as widespread rain kept the region cool.
National Democratic Alliance's (NDA) presidential candidate Ram Nath Kovind met the legislators of Haryana and Punjab on Thursday to seek support in next month's Presidential election.
He had said the move would benefit a total of 10.25 lakh farmers, including 8.75 lakh farmers up to 5 acres.
The Punjab Council of Ministers had, on June 19, approved the proposal to amend the state excise act.
The guidelines have been issued showing respect to the national anthem under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
"They have reduced the assembly to a battleground due to their inter and intra party power struggles," he said.
In December last year, the Supreme Court passed a ruling forbidding sale of liquor within 500 metres of highways, provoking outcry from several states.
Upset over the treatment meted out to legislators by assembly staff on Thursday, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and Shiromani Akali Dal members on Friday walked out of the Punjab assembly on the last day of the budget session.
The marshals, including a woman, alleged that one of them ended up with a fractured arm.
Main opposition Aam Aadmi Party and ally Lok Insaaf Party (LIP) MLAs were physically removed out of the Punjab assembly here on Thursday by the Marshals after they created a ruckus.
Pandemonium prevailed inside the Punjab assembly on Thursday after a Sikh legislator from the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) alleged that his turban was taken off as marshalls pushed his party legislators out of the house.
Two .32 bore pistols, four magazines and cartridges have been recovered from their possession.
In a shocking incident, thieves stole nearly Rs 3,000 from the Jallianwala Bagh Martyrs' Well, where hundreds jumped to escape firing by British troops in 1919.
A poverty-stricken 21-year-old man allegedly laced burgers with poison killing his four siblings before taking his own life here.
The third international Yoga Day was celebrated with great enthusiasm across the twin states of Haryana and Punjab.
Two persons were arrested here after 36 boxes of illegal liquor seized from a deserted place on the outskirts of the city, police said on Tuesday.
Ahead of the state budget, the Punjab Council of Ministers (CoM), led by Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh, on Monday gave its nod to remove hotels, restaurants and clubs from the restrictions on serving of liquor within 500 meters of highways.
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh on Monday announced total waiver of entire crop loans for small and marginal farmers in Punjab.
Blaming the 10 years of SAD "misrule" for the current state of the farmers in Punjab, the chief minister pointed out that 7,000 cultivators committed suicide during the previous government's tenure.
In 1961, 9.25 acres of land was acquired to increase the capacity of the water works at Abohar and people from whom the land was acquired were given adequate compensation.
Fire Prevention Act would also be enacted by the department: Navjot Singh Sidhu
Chaos erupted in the Punjab assembly on Thursday after the opposition Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and Shiromani Akali Dal insisted on separate adjournment motions leading to clashes.
Three gangsters allegedly committed suicide when they found themselves surrounded by Punjab and Haryana police in a village in Haryana's Sirsa district.
"All seven farmer organisations held dharnas outside the offices of all the deputy commissioners in the state in support of their demands.
- Watch: Alarming report on 'wrong-side driving' in India
- Watch: Dress rehearsal for oath-taking ceremony of President-elect Ram Nath Kovind
- Watch: Heavy rains cause flood-like situation in various parts of country
- UP government wants 'VIP' lanes at toll plazas
- Naresh Agarwal issues notice against media for reporting his controversial statement in Parliament
- Minor gives birth in school, accuses auto driver of rape
- Basirhat: International Muslim Conference scheduled for today cancelled
- India 3rd largest target to witness most terror activities, says report issued by US foreign ministry
- Is UP CM Yogi Adityanath going against PM Modi's move to end red beacon culture?
- Indian rifleman martyred in Pakistan's ceasefire violation in Rajouri, J&K
- Watch: Vegetable sellers deploy gunmen for security of tomatoes in Indore
- Security forces kill one terrorist in J&K's Machel Sector
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar to attend PM Modi's dinner for outgoing President Pranab Mukherjee
- Hooligans and police clash in Jewar, Greater Noida; 4 arrested, 2 absconding
- Aapki News: 19-year-old Delhi girl helps capture mobile-snatchers
- Toilet: Ek Prem Katha leaked online, Akshay Kumar appeals fans to say 'no to piracy'
- VTU Results: Visvesvaraya Technological University VTU 8th sem results declared, check @ vtu.ac.in
- Munna Michael movie review: Cliched and uninspiring
- 45-year-old Chinese woman skips breakfast for eight years, develops 200 gallstones
- ICC Women's World Cup Final: England vs India - As it happened...
- Indian Army ammunition stock in critical level, will exhaust after 10 days of war: CAG report
- India vs England, ICC Women’s World Cup 2017, Final: Live Streaming, TV Listing, Date, Time, Venue
- Thor: Ragnarok TRAILER will blow your mind away! WATCH
- Canadian PM Trudeau goes 'desi, offers prayers in Indian attire to mark 10th anniversary of BAPS temple
- Smriti Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for taking dig at Centre, says ‘thank you’
- WATCH: MS Dhoni hits three consecutive 6s in TNPL six-hitting competition
- Income Tax Filing 2017: Here is why you should check Form 26AS
- President Pranab Mukherjee gets nostalgic in farewell speech, says 'I leave with tinge of sadness and rainbow of memories'
- International Champions Cup: Manchester United vs Real Madrid – Live Streaming, TV Listing, Date, Time in IST
- Kangana Ranaut responds to Saif Ali Khan's open letter on 'nepotism debate' with a feisty note!