An 18-year-old girl, working as a nurse at a private nursing home here, was allegedly raped by two persons, who were also accused of raping her in another case three years back but were given a "clean chit" by the police.
The freedom of our Universities has been challenged by "narrow considerations" and there is need to defend them as "free spaces" and as sources of renewal of liberal values, Vice President M Hamid Ansari said on Saturday.
Four persons were killed when the car in which they were traveling collided with a bus near Ghunas village in Barnala district of Punjab today.
Chandigarh: The newly elected MLAs including Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh today took oath on the first day of the first session of 15th Punjab assembly here.
With the arrest of eight people, the police here on Friday claimed to have busted an inter-district gang of vehicle lifters.
The attorney general's remark comes as a relief for Sidhu as he wanted to continue hosting “The Comedy Nights with Kapil” after his appointment as Punjab's deputy CM.
The Punjab government today termed former Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal's reported statement on red beacons as "mere tokenism" and asked him to take up meaningful issues instead of indulging in frivolous opposition.
Navjot Singh Sidhu, as a public servant, should refrain from doing television owing to his moral responsibility to disassociate with any commercial activity, even though there is no law which bars such a move, Attorney General Mukul Rohatgi said today.
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh today met Prime Minister Narendra Modi and made a strong pitch for a one-time loan waiver for the debt-ridden farmers of the state.
Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh on Wednesday said his party had no problem with Navjot Singh Sidhu working in a TV show if it is constitutionally permissible.
Should newly-elected Punjab minister Navjot Singh Sidhu continue his weekly appearance on popular comedy show on television?
Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitely on Wednesday assured Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh that he would direct the RBI to ensure that all arrangements for wheat procurement in the state are in place by March 25.
Cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu, who earlier stirred a controversy with his assertion that he will continue to appear on the popular show 'Comedy Nights with Kapil', said that people should have no problem with how much hours he contributes in office.
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh said on Tuesday that his government would demolish the VIP culture in the state and the ban on the use of red beacons on government vehicles was a part of this move.
Political strategist Prashant Kishor has got some belated praise from the Congress, with Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh saying his team's "work was absolutely critical to the victory".
Only time will tell whether Navjot Singh Sidhu will continue as a celebrity-judge on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' but his 'celebrity-judge and comedy' plans may be axed soon.
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh today directed the state police to immediately withdraw personnel from "non-essential" duties and deploy them on "streets" for the security of people.
Rana Kanwar Pal Singh, Congress MLA from Anandpur Sahib Assembly constituency, was today sworn in as Protem Speaker of the Punjab Assembly here.
Hailing the decision of newly formed Punjab government to completely shun the VIP culture, the Congress has called on the entire nation to support this decision, adding that the grand old party will fulfill its promises made to people of the state, unlike BJP.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday sought to give a pep talk to AAP's volunteers demoralised after his party's poor show in the Punjab and Goa elections and asked them to gear up for upcoming MCD polls.
The new Punjab Cabinet in its maiden meeting here on Saturday announced reservation for women in jobs and urban and rural local bodies and an end to use of red beacons on official vehicles by the Chief Minister, ministers, legislators and officers.
Cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu, elected from Amritsar East Assembly seat, said he will try to balance his television engagements with his work as a minister.
BSP and AAP were decimated in the recent Assembly polls held in UP and Punjab respectively.
If the report is true, it is a huge setback for the cricketer-turned-politician who had hoped that he will be suitably rewarded for joining the Congress.
Cricketer-turned-politician Navjot Singh Sidhu was on Thursday inducted as a cabinet minister in the new Congress government in Punjab.
Newly inducted Punjab Cabinet Minister Manpreet Singh Badal today said priority of the Amarinder Singh-led Congress government will be to restore the "lost glory" of the state.
“No point in creating multiple power centers in Punjab,” says Amarinder.
After steering the Congress to a stupendous victory, Captain Amarinder Singh was sworn in as the Punjab Chief Minister on Thursday.
A massive search operation continued in and around the Pathankot airbase for the second day on Wednesday following intelligence inputs about suspected anti-national elements in the area, police said.
Top Congress leaders, including party Vice President Rahul Gandhi and former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, are expected to attend the swearing-in of Amarinder Singh as Punjab Chief Minister here on Thursday.
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- Dr Subhash Chandra donates his salary to PM Relief Fund
- Netaji Subhash Park in Yogi Adityanath's hometown Gorakhpur under illegal occupation
- Lalu Prasad Yadav injured as stage collapses in Patna
- DNA: Why are Tamil Nadu farmers protesting with 'skulls' in Delhi?
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Today in history, 24 March 2017
- DNA: Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar urges everyone to build toilets
- DNA: Has India crossed all limits of tolerance against naxalism?
- Mulayam’s son Prateek, daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- Why international media reacts negatively after Yogi Adityanath appointed as UP Chief Minister?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- PM Modi picks IAS officer B Chandralekha to head Swachh Bharat Mission – Know about her
- Here's everything you need to know about Shaun Tait's wife, Mashoom Singha — PHOTOS INSIDE
- How will Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad go back to Pune? After Air India, IndiGo cancels his ticket
- Incredible! This video of a boy being saved from a menacing tiger has over 10 lakh views – WATCH
- Shaun Tait becomes an 'Overseas Citizen of India' – Does that make him eligible to play for India in future?
- Priyanka Chopra's picture with THIS Spanish model is UNMISSABLE!
- Emotional Kuldeep Yadav cries even as legends Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri try to decode India's latest sensation — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Air India blacklists Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer; FIA denies banning him