In a move to attract a larger audience, Internet giant Google on Friday said that apps on the Android Play Store can now be priced at Rs 10.
The People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) Friday asked all political parties not to use animals during election campaigns.
India now boasts of being the world’s second-largest telecom market in the world. But do you know how it all started?
Indian scientists claim to have discovered two new Cycads species of plants in Odisha which were dominant some 201 million to 145 million years ago, popularly known as the Jurassic period.
With the studies on water striders' ability to jump on water, scientists have now created a robot that can launch itself from the surface of water successfully.
India has demonstrated the capability of launching 1.4 ton class of satellites using Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) and 2 ton class of satellites using Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) Mk II to Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit (GTO).
In a first, a Swiss researcher has found a novel method to produce high-quality fibre from gelatine - a natural biomaterial derived from collagen which is obtained from various animal by-products.
A Philippines-based company has developed a lamp that can run for eight hours at a stretch on a glass of water and two tablespoons of salt.
In a first, US scientists have engineered an artificial ribosome - the protein synthesisers of the cell - or what the scientists call 'protein-making factory' that may enable the production of new drugs and next-generation biomaterial.
More than a century after slavery officially ended in Brazil, DNA tests are giving Afro-Brazilians the intriguing chance to find out who they are beyond mere skin color.
Google Wednesday paid a special homage to "missile man" A P J Abdul Kalam by displaying a black ribbon on its homepage.
An Indian-origin couple in the US has invented a travel jacket with a built-in neck pillow, eye mask, earphone holders and various pockets to keep your phone, tablet and even a mini-blanket.
A twin tower in China's Jiangxi Province now has the world's largest LED wall, exceeding that of the 828-metre-high Burj Khalifa in Dubai, the world's tallest tower, a media report said on Wednesday.
A 23-year-old Indian-origin student in the US has developed water-resistant socks and launched a successful kickstarter campaign that blew past its business goal within two days, a media report said.
For the first time in India, Chennai-based Central Institute of Brackishwater Aquaculture (CIBA) succeeded in artificially breeding milkfish (Chanos chanos), locally known as "Paal Kendai" or "Poo Meen". Milkfish has the ability to grow in brackish water, seawater and even adapts to freshwater conditions.
While the world is looking to deploy drones for delivering groceries to hot piping pizzas, several giants like Amazon and Google are busy developing a drone traffic control system to tackle a scenario when these unmanned aerial vehicles will swarm the skies.
Intel with Micron has introduced a new kind of non-volatile data storage device which is denser, tougher and faster than the modern memory.
Simple and inexpensive ultraviolet light technology can kill food-borne pathogens on the surface of certain fruits such as apples and pears, scientists, including those of Indian-origin, have found.
China has built the world's fastest charging electric buses, with a battery that takes barely 10 seconds to be fully charged.
China is building the world's largest radio telescope whose dish size will be equivalent to 30 football fields.
The chimpanzees in Uganda's Budongo forest have a new healthy recipe in hand. They have started to boost the minerals in their diet by eating clay which also helps them 'detox' and digest their food, says a new study.
It sounds like a science-fiction nightmare. But "killer robots" have the likes of British scientist Stephen Hawking and Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak fretting, and warning they could fuel ethnic cleansing and an arms race.
Former president APJ Abdul Kalam was concerned about people with disability and along with his team developed lightweight prosthetics from space-age material to enable disabled children to walk easily.
The mood was sombre at the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, the ISRO unit in the Kerala capital, as the staff on Tuesday paid tribute to former president APJ Abdul Kalam who died on Monday.
The dreaded Tyrannosaurus rex and its dinosaur cousins were successful predators partly due to unique teeth designed like steak knives that allowed them to tear through the flesh of their prey, a new study has found.
The Oxford English Dictionary has launched a search to find the first recorded use in English of the word 'email'.
Despite being an eminent scientist and holding a commanding position as India's president, APJ Abdul Kalam used to empathise with people from all sections of society and never displayed a shred of pomposity, say eminent nuclear physicists.
An early social behaviour called gaze shifting is linked to infants' ability to learn sounds of new languages, says a new study.
A NASA researcher has developed a wi-fi chip for wireless phones, computers and wearable devices that uses 100 times less power than traditional receivers.
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Four arrested in Delhi University admission scam
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- 1993 blasts convict Yakub Memon to be buried in Mumbai
- Nation bids tearful adieu to APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram
- Punjab: Suspicious object found at Gurdaspur bus stand
- VVIPs pay last respect to former President APJ Abdul Kalam
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Rescue teams roped in as heavy rains lash Rajasthan, Gujarat
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- MH370 hunt: Debris 'very likely' from Boeing 777, to be examined in France
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- This was Yakub Memon's last wish before being hanged
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in his hometown Rameswaram today
- Yakub Memon not first terrorist to be hanged. These were executed before him
- Ranveer Singh's loss is Shah Rukh-Salman's gain?
- The story behind Yakub Memon's arrest
- Yakub Memon hanged a day before his daughter turns 21