Tiny aquatic flatworms known as freshwater planarians could limit the use of rats and mice in labs that test chemicals for neurological toxicity, a research has found.
Five teenage girl students from Bengaluru won the Technovation challenge at a global pitch event at San Francisco city in the US.
Former DRDO chief V.K. Saraswat on Monday expressed concern at the shortage of experts involved in making and cracking secret codes, as they have a major role to play in bolstering India's cyber defence.
Despite the death of 231 elephants in the past three years in Odisha, their population in the state has increased to 1,954 this year from the 1,930 recorded in the 2012 census.
You may be fond of cats but perhaps you may not be aware of the predatory nature of the felines and the number of animals a cat kills on an average -- thus being harmful to local wildlife, reveals a new study.
It may be a rage to click selfies at amusement parks but Walt Disney World is in no mood to oblige and has banned selfie-sticks from its theme parks across the world, citing safety concerns.
Students in 'learning celebrations' score higher than pupils who take standard-style exams, a new study suggests.
Researchers, including two Indian-origin scientists, have developed an eco-friendly bio-degradable green "herding" agent that can be used to clean up light crude oil spills on water.
Google is reportedly developing a smart contact lens that will measure a wearer's glucose levels by testing their tears.
A "third-generation" steel being developed at a US university could help auto manufacturers roll out fuel-efficient vehicles that could meet future energy efficiency requirements, say researchers.
Strictly speaking, a day lasts 86,400 seconds. On June 30, the day will officially be a bit longer than usual because an extra second or "leap" second will be added and NASA has an explanation for this.
Scientists are developing new adaptive mobile technology that could enable visually-impaired people to 'see' through their smartphone or tablet.
Light Emitting Diodes made from nanowires would use less energy and provide better light, scientists have found.
Peel has announced that its Peel Smart Remote app has generated 100 billion remote commands since launch three years ago.
In a contradictory finding, researchers say the Augmented-reality head-up displays (AR-HUDs) are a threat to safety.
Selfies and selfie sticks are increasingly becoming a menace - so much so that selfie obsessed people often put others' lives in danger.
Chimps, like humans, can detect what is right and wrong but will only react if someone is trying to harm a member of their own group, finds a significant study.
Researchers have developed a new "conductive" ink that can be used to create wearable electronic apparels.
Scientists have identified a key gene used by poppies to make morphine, paving the way for better methods of producing the medically important drug, potentially without the need for cultivating poppy fields.
Indian Railways have begun sending SMS alerts to passengers if the train they have booked tickets for is cancelled.
A new study has revealed how our brains can form first impressions quickly.
Google has added a feature that lets user virtually climb a real mountain in Google Maps with its first ever vertical Street View feature.
Scientists led by an Indian-origin researcher have developed the world's first full-colour, flexible thin-film reflective display inspired by nature.
The first species of Yeti crab from hydrothermal vent systems in Antarctica, has been discovered by a team of British scientists.
In a first, the head of an ancient worm Hallucigenia, a species that baffled scientists for decades because of its complex shape, has been found after painstaking research.
The Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) is organising a run on July 1 throughout India to kick-start its centenary celebrations, its director said here on Thursday.
A solar-powered plane attempting to fly around the world must cross the Pacific within a few weeks or it could remain stuck in Japan for a year, its pilot said in an interview published Thursday.
Instant messaging app WhatsApp has released an update for Windows Phone.
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- Tamil Nadu: Jayalalithaa launches first phase of Chennai Metro
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Politics of polarization: Neglect of Muslims during Ramzan in PM Modi's Mann Ki Baat?-Part 2
- Aapke Sitare, June 29: Astro prediction for Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces
- Politics of polarization: Neglect of Muslims during Ramzan in PM Modi's Mann Ki Baat?
- Beware of infectious diseases during rainy season!
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- MPPEB scam turns murkier, two more accused found dead
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- 'Brothers' trailer receives six million views on YouTube
- Journey of Salman Khan-starrer 'Sultan' begins in Punjab
- Delhi HC refuses to restrain Meena from entering ACB office
- AAP stages protests, demands resignation of four 'tainted' BJP ministers over alleged impropriety
- Protest in Bihar over lynching of school director