Smartphones and Facebook play a key role in teenage romance - from flirting to eventual break-ups, according to a new US study.
Researchers have built a robot artist that can paint a picture by simply tracking your eye movements.
The use of e-cigarette has tripled among middle and high school students from 2013 to 2014, according to data from the 2014 National Youth Tobacco Survey. Now, a new study has found that it is partly due to aggressive online marketing by e-cigarette vendors.
The West Bengal State Student Youth Science Fair will be held from October 4 to 6 with an aim to create interest in science education and foster innovation, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announced on Saturday.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Saturday inaugurated a state police-citizen portal, enabling tech-savvy people to send their complaints online to the authorities.
Cloud telephony company Exotel has launched a 18-day hackathon for algorithmic programmers, data scientists and machine learning enthusiasts to build a system that will be able to detect the emotions in conversations.
Researchers have developed micro-photosynthetic cell technology that can harness electrical power from photosynthesis and respiration of blue-green algae.
Aiming to promote digital literacy and e-governance technology, media brand Digit has launched a multilingual app, Tech Tips, for the rapidly growing number of smartphone users in India, a statement here said on Saturday.
Delhi-based startup firm Pulp Strategy has launched a new Instappy cloud-based mobile app creation platform for iOS and Android.
Geologists from the University of Berkeley have unearthed compelling evidence that an asteroid impact on Earth 66 million years ago accelerated the eruptions of volcanoes in Deccan Traps in west-central India for thousands of years.
A new study has revealed that action-packed video games improve brain function.
The Thai government has threatened to take legal action against web activists who attacked state-owned websites in a bid to develop a single internet gateway to expand control over online media, the media reported on Friday.
Have you ever realised that more than 80 percent of the names mentioned in the media are those of men? The more mentions a person receives in the media, the higher the chances are that this person is a man, a new study reveals.
Ever wondered why air crashes happen so frequently even with the best of pilots flying state-of-the-art automated jets? That's because humans are poor at monitoring tasks, according to a NASA-initiated study.
Ahead of the climate change summit in Paris later this year, India has pledged to curb its greenhouse gas emissions by up to 35 per cent from the 2005 level.
Bronze Age Britons may have intentionally mummified some of their dead, suggests a new study which reveals that ancient Brits practised some novel and bizarre funerary rituals.
We judge and rate people personally and among a closed group. Now one can rate other human beings publicly, thanks to a forthcoming app.
An engaging mobile app can significantly boost your purchase activity, according to a new study which concludes that the more engaging an app, the more customers will spend.
An international team of scientists has created the world's largest catalogue of genomic differences among humans, providing researchers with powerful clues to help them establish why some people are susceptible to various diseases.
Indian scientists at the Columbia University have disputed decade-old cancer biology principles by showing that a gene critical for preventing the disease did not work as thought of previously.
In yet another tragic instance of the growing “extreme selfie craze” among teenagers, a 17-year-old schoolboy fell off from the roof-top of a nine-storey building while trying to click an “extreme selfie” in Russia last week, media reports said.
A team of engineers, including Indian-origin researchers, has demonstrated the world's first optical rectenna - a device that combines the functions of an antenna and a rectifier diode to convert light directly into DC current.
Your tweets can reveal more than you intend to as researchers have found that it is possible to know a Twitter user's income level simply by looking at the words that he or she uses to post messages.
Before Narendra Modi's visit to the Facebook headquarters, activists from a group which identified themselves as Alliance for Justice and Accountability (AJA), set up a website called www.zuckwashyourhands.com .
Human rights activists and journalists who are more at risk than ever nowadays have got a lifesaver in a new app that gives them latest tools and advice on how to operate securely in high-risk places.
It is possible to identify an individual's ancestral background based on his or her fingerprint characteristics, new research has found."This is the first study to look at this issue at this level of detail, and the findings are extremely promising," said senior study author Ann Ross, professor of anthropology at North Carolina State University in the US.
China's public will have a chance to name a dark matter probe satellite expected to be launched by the end of this year, the media reported.
People still tend to associate the ability to think creatively with stereotypical masculine qualities, says a new study.
If you are generally positive about life and inspires others too to lead a happy life, chances are that you harbour a special set of brain connections not found in people with negative thoughts, researchers report.
Products made in China may cost you less but they are associated with significantly higher carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions than the same products made elsewhere, claims new research.
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- UP: Time bomb found at Farukhabad Railway Station
- Sheena Bora murder prime accused Indrani Mukerjea admitted to hospital
- Incident of man shooting self at Delhi metro station raises questions of lax security
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- 'ISIS may attack India using Pak sleeper cells, counterfeit money'
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis in Wuhan Open doubles final
- Why is 'sabka sath-sabka vikas' PM Modi silent on Dadri lynching incident: Opposition
- Ind vs SA: Virat Kohli becomes fastest to 1000 T20I runs in terms of innings played
- Tiny but strong: This is how sesame seeds promote good health!
- Dadri lynching: Local BJP member's son instigated crowd to attack Mohammed Iqlakh
- Rohit Sharma's maiden T20I ton goes in vain as JP Duminy steers South Africa past India