An Indian-origin couple in the US has invented a travel jacket with a built-in neck pillow, eye mask, earphone holders and various pockets to keep your phone, tablet and even a mini-blanket.
A twin tower in China's Jiangxi Province now has the world's largest LED wall, exceeding that of the 828-metre-high Burj Khalifa in Dubai, the world's tallest tower, a media report said on Wednesday.
A 23-year-old Indian-origin student in the US has developed water-resistant socks and launched a successful kickstarter campaign that blew past its business goal within two days, a media report said.
For the first time in India, Chennai-based Central Institute of Brackishwater Aquaculture (CIBA) succeeded in artificially breeding milkfish (Chanos chanos), locally known as "Paal Kendai" or "Poo Meen". Milkfish has the ability to grow in brackish water, seawater and even adapts to freshwater conditions.
While the world is looking to deploy drones for delivering groceries to hot piping pizzas, several giants like Amazon and Google are busy developing a drone traffic control system to tackle a scenario when these unmanned aerial vehicles will swarm the skies.
Intel with Micron has introduced a new kind of non-volatile data storage device which is denser, tougher and faster than the modern memory.
Simple and inexpensive ultraviolet light technology can kill food-borne pathogens on the surface of certain fruits such as apples and pears, scientists, including those of Indian-origin, have found.
China has built the world's fastest charging electric buses, with a battery that takes barely 10 seconds to be fully charged.
China is building the world's largest radio telescope whose dish size will be equivalent to 30 football fields.
The chimpanzees in Uganda's Budongo forest have a new healthy recipe in hand. They have started to boost the minerals in their diet by eating clay which also helps them 'detox' and digest their food, says a new study.
It sounds like a science-fiction nightmare. But "killer robots" have the likes of British scientist Stephen Hawking and Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak fretting, and warning they could fuel ethnic cleansing and an arms race.
Former president APJ Abdul Kalam was concerned about people with disability and along with his team developed lightweight prosthetics from space-age material to enable disabled children to walk easily.
The mood was sombre at the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, the ISRO unit in the Kerala capital, as the staff on Tuesday paid tribute to former president APJ Abdul Kalam who died on Monday.
The dreaded Tyrannosaurus rex and its dinosaur cousins were successful predators partly due to unique teeth designed like steak knives that allowed them to tear through the flesh of their prey, a new study has found.
The Oxford English Dictionary has launched a search to find the first recorded use in English of the word 'email'.
Despite being an eminent scientist and holding a commanding position as India's president, APJ Abdul Kalam used to empathise with people from all sections of society and never displayed a shred of pomposity, say eminent nuclear physicists.
An early social behaviour called gaze shifting is linked to infants' ability to learn sounds of new languages, says a new study.
A NASA researcher has developed a wi-fi chip for wireless phones, computers and wearable devices that uses 100 times less power than traditional receivers.
Scientists have for the first time reconstructed part of the male chromosome in polar bears and have found out why the Y chromosome is so important.
In an open letter to the United Nations, more than 1,000 robotics experts and artificial intelligence researchers have asked for a ban on the development and use of autonomous weapons, better known as, ''killer robots''.
Writer's block may soon be a thing of the past, as scientists are developing a smartphone app that aims to measure and boost the mind's creative ability.
Why is a similar task done efficiently by one person and not-so-well by the other? Scientists now have the answer.
India's most loved president, renowned scientist and Bharat Ratna, APJ Abdul Kalam passed away after suffering a cardiac arrest while delivering a lecture to students at IIM-Shillong on Monday evening. He was 84.
Indian scientists on Monday mourned the death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam as a big loss to both the scientific community and the country at large.
There is not going to be a replacement for such a great person as former president A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, as he was a "karmayogi", a former colleague at ISRO said on Monday.
The sudden demise of former president APJ Abdul Kalam was a tremendous loss to the country, Indian space agency chief AS Krishna Kumar said on Monday.
It's a relief for the gamers as China has finally decided to scrap its 15-year ban on video game consoles and companies like Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft will now be allowed to manufacture and sell consoles anywhere in the country.
In a research conducted on the pulse rising movies of Alfred Hitchcock, scientists have revealed how suspense affects audience's brain.
Samsung has developed a new monitor called SE370 with built-in wireless charging for mobile phones.
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- VVIPs, people pay last respects to Dr Kalam at his Delhi residence
- Lata Mangeshkar mourns former President APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- The life and times of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam!
- India mourns the death of former President APJ Adbul Kalam
- DNA: How prepared is our police force to face terror attacks in future?
- Special: Zee News pays tribute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- President Pranab Mukherjee pays tribute to APJ Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- How APJ Abdul Kalam changed India: 10 most inspirational quotes
- APJ Abdul Kalam: This was his last moment...
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency
- The 'funny guy' in APJ Abdul Kalam's life
- Was Taj Mahal originally a Shiva temple? Agra lawyers claim
- Indian sports personalities pay tribute to APJ Abdul Kalam
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday