A team of Australian archaeologists has unearthed 3,000-years old pottery in a remote location in the rugged highlands of Papua New Guinea.
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and CEO of China's search engine giant Robin Li co-launched a mobile application for electronic waste recycling to save resources and reduce pollution.
Malicious software targeting smartphones with the Android operating system is becoming more common, with some handsets already infected when they're bought.
A new spacecraft which will help in the search for gravitational waves is setting off for South America on its final earthbound journey before heading to space in November.
Amazon has launched its Kindle Unlimited which is Amazon's 'all-you-can-read' subscription service in India.
Japanese messaging company Line has launched a new launcher app for Android.
In a six-day trial in Singapore, scientists have successfully tested self-driving golf carts that ferried 500 tourists around winding paths used by pedestrians and cyclists.
Domestic handset-maker Intex on Wednesday said it was partnering with Redmond-based IT giant Microsoft to provide 50 GB of cloud storage space for two years via Microsoft's OneDrive in smartphones sold in India.
If Cupid's arrow has hit you finally, it is still better to express your feelings via an e-mail than leaving a voice message or a WhatsApp post with the girl you are in love with, says an interesting study.
Male seahorses play as much a part in nurturing embryos during pregnancy as female mammals, suggests a new study. Previously their role, other than as pouch provider, was largely a mystery.
China's Loess Plateau -- the largest dust deposit in Earth -- was formed by wind alternately depositing dust or removing dust over the last 2.6 million years, according to geoscientists from University of Arizona.
Three years after discovering the elusive Higgs boson or so-called 'God particle', CERN physicists have drawn the sharpest picture yet of this novel particle and found that it behaves just as predicted.
Researchers have developed a new wireless communication technique that sends magnetic signals through the human body, an advance that may lead to the development of lower power wearable devices.
Google said its self-driving prototype car - that's designed to take you where you want to go at the push of a button - does not have windshield wipers.
Scientists have discovered evidence of ancient life in Earth's mantle rocks deep below the seafloor, confirming a long-standing hypothesis that interactions between mantle rocks and seawater can create potential for life even in hard rocks.
Fancy some astro-tourism? Head for northern Chile, where contemplating the night skies is not just a casual pastime, but a protected pursuit.
Data usage has almost tripled over the past two years, new analysis by Strategy Analytics' Telemetry Intelligence Platform shows.
With so many studies out about creepy apps, you are not sure which apps to download and which to avoid? That dilemma would be gone soon thanks to a new chip.
The fossil of a previously unknown “sea scorpion” - an extinct monster-like predator that swam the seas some 467 million years ago - has been discovered in Iowa in the US.
A new study of fossils has revealed that the human body has gone through four main stages of evolution.
Droom, an online marketplace for automobiles, will now let its users buy or sell private planes and choppers on its platform.
Union Science and Technology Minister Harsh Vardhan on Monday launched a web-enabled information management system for the department of biotechnology (DBT) projects.
Love for selfies resulted in a driver ramming his vehicle into a tree in the US, leaving several people injured.
Scientists have discovered a naturally occurring protein that can be used to create ice cream that is more resistant to melting.
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University and Central Institute for Cotton Research (CICR) entered into agreement for developing indigenous BT Cotton.
Distinguished scientist S.A.V. Satya Murty will take over as the next director of fast breeder research unit Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), said a statement.
Nepal and India have agreed to install global positioning system (GPS) in every boundary pillar between the two neighbouring countries.
Punjab government today said it has received bids from as many as 18 companies for setting up solar projects in the state which will attract investment of Rs 3,500 crore.
Andhra Pradesh Education Minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao here launched a CD prepared by a Math teacher to help students overcome Math phobia.
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- India's ceasefire violations threat to regional peace and security: Nawaz Sharif
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Top 25 news @12 pm
- Sheena murder case: Indrani and Peter Mukerjea questioned at Khar Police Station
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Trade union strike hits normal life in Delhi, West Bengal, Mumbai
- Customer steals Harley Davidson bike on pretext of test drive
- 4 terrorists killed in encounter in Jammu and Kashmir
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- When India came close to striking Pakistan's nuke sites
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- Bang-bang time! MS Dhoni, Virender Sehwag, Shahid Afridi to play in charity match in London
- OMG! Excessive exposure to porn may make Indian women sex addicts
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- This is how Indrani Mukerjea is spending her days in police lockup
- Pankaj Advani hits out at government for awarding Khel Ratna to Sania Mirza
- Sheena Bora murder case: Mikhail is my adopted son, says Indrani Mukerjea