Scientists said Monday they had pinpointed variants of a gene to improve the quality and yield of rice, a staple starch for billions of people.
A host of e-technologies for testing quality of tea and rice in India are ready to empower the agricultural sector through the `Digital India Programme`, it was announced here on Monday.
Extraterrestrials resembling humans should have evolved on other Earth-like planets, a study on convergent evolution says.
Trying out new ways to generate electricity, scientists now claim that wind turbines could be installed under some of the biggest bridges on the road network to produce electricity.
Scientists have confirmed for the first time that sex change in reptiles can occur naturally due to exposure to increased temperatures resulting from climate change.
Giving insight into how our taste for different foods may have been influenced by variation in our ability to smell, researchers have found that inability to detect a particular smell by Asians led to start of pig domestication.
Astronomers have detected a ring of rocks or what is called a belt of pebbles, thought to be a crucial link in building planets, circling a very young star.
Mice that are exposed to the powerful smell of cat urine early in life do not avoid the same odour, and therefore they are less likely to escape from their feline predators, later in life, a new study has found.
The American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin (AAPI), the largest ethnic association of medical professionals in the US, has launched a Scientific, Academic Research Foundation (SARF) for supporting key academic research initiatives.
Move over selfie, India is embracing the "velfie" with Bollywood stars, sporting heroes and even politicians taking and posting videos of themselves online using a range of new mobile apps.
Dutch students have developed a family car powered by the sun which generates more energy than it uses while reaching speeds of up to 125 kilometres per hour and the vehicle can clock over 1,000 km on a full charge.
Britain risks losing its reputation as a nation of dog lovers due to fickle owners, poor training and an appalling new trend in dumping puppies, charities say.
Jorba, the lone sniffer dog deployed in Assam's Kaziranga National Park to combat rhino poachers, will now have company.
Modern cockpits in aircraft bombard pilots with so much information that their brains can shut down during a crisis, new research has warned.
Scientists have moved a step closer to bringing the woolly mammoth back to life, after they identified extensive genetic changes that allowed the extinct giant animals to adapt to Arctic life.
Ever wondered why so many people are so hooked up with action-packed video games? It is because playing scares us more than watching films and we get a kick out of it, says a study.
A new software that can detect eye diseases by making use of the smartphone camera has been developed.
MasterCard is experimenting with a smartphone app which allows people to confirm their identity and authenticate online transactions via a facial scan.
Google may be testing the next version of the Google Glass called GG1, media reports said.
Delhi is not vying for being named the UNESCO World Heritage City this year but conservators feel "all is not lost" for the historic city and it maybe in the global reckoning next year as the AAP government is pushing for the coveted status.
One Chinese lie has been finally nailed this time by a team of Indian scientists who provide irrefutable evidence that rice did originate in India, a fact contested by China.
Noted Indian conservation biologist Kamal Bawa will be formally admitted to the prestigious Royal Society as a fellow on July 10 for his "pioneering contributions to understanding the population biology of tropical forest trees".
Young human brains go through critical periods when vision, speech, language, motor skills, social skills and other higher cognitive functions are being developed.
For retailers who service their customers through phones, a missed call will no longer be a problem, thanks to an app developed by VoiceTree, a Delhi-based mobile cloud telephony services company.
Brain complexity can evolve before brain size in the primates, says a study of the brain hidden inside the oldest known Old World monkey skull.
Researchers have identified an enzyme which plays a key role in producing the sweet fragrances in roses, a finding that can help restore a pleasing scent to rose varieties that have lost it.
Mosquitoes are likely to evolve resistance against insecticides or unfavourable climate conditions typical in their local environment, according to a new study.
BlueStacks has released anupdate of its Android emulator which allows Android apps to run on OSX.
A new research has found a method that can help calculate the exact time of a human's death even after 10 days (240 hours) of the occurrence.
The little seahorse is inspiring researchers to build robots that have capabilities sometimes at odds with one another - flexible, but also tough and strong.
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- What is the truth behind Journalist Akshay Singh's death?
- The mystery behind the deaths of Vyapam Scam continues- Part II
- Arvind Kejriwal wants referendum on statehood for Delhi
- Uddhav Thakeray hits out at BJP, says corruption visible everywhere
- SC allows child's guardianship without father's consent to unwed mother
- Mystery behind the deaths of Vyapam Scam continues!
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress
- Dalai Lama birthday celebrations draw support, protests in US
- Lionel Messi’s family attacked by Chile fans during Copa America final
- Am glad my mother is back home: Esha Deol
- Hizbul Mujahideen chief Salahuddin still wants to come back: Dulat
- Genome sequencing brings woolly mammoth clones closer