SpaceX said on Monday it has delayed by a couple of months the return to flight of its Falcon 9 rocket, following an explosion on the way to the space station in June.
Pluto may contain a subsurface ocean warm enough to host life, according to English physicist Brian Cox who also said that humans could be the only complex life in our galaxy.
NASA has selected the potential next destination for the New Horizons spacecraft after its historic July 14 flyby of the Pluto system - a planetoid that lies nearly a billion miles beyond the dwarf planet.
The Indian space agency on Sunday said it had successfully deployed the large antenna of military communication satellite GSAT-6 and also raised its orbit.
Six NASA recruits have shut themselves inside a dome in Hawaii to begin a year-long isolation programme that will simulate life on Mars to help the US space agency prepare for the pioneering mission to the red planet.
A team of NASA recruits has begun living in a dome near a barren volcano in Hawaii to simulate what life would be like on Mars, a media report said.
The Indian space agency on Saturday said it has raised the orbit of its military communication satellite GSAT-6 successfully for a second time.
After successful launch of GSAT-6, the country's latest communication satellite into a Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit, Indian Space Research Organisation Saturday said it has performed the first orbit raising of the satellite.
New Horizons, the spacecraft which whizzed past Pluto in its historic July 14 encounter, has a new destination – a small Kuiper Belt object (KBO) known as 2014 MU69.
Russia today successfully launched a Proton rocket with a British satellite in the first such launch since an engine failure in May resulted in a Mexican satellite being destroyed.
A large proportion of galaxies have undergone a major 'metamorphosis' since they were initially formed after the Big Bang, scientists have found for the first time.
Former astronaut Buzz Aldrin, one of the first Americans to land on the moon, will spearhead a new research institute in Florida aimed at paving a path toward Mars exploration and settlement, officials said on Thursday.
The US space agency NASA has on Thursday succesfully completed the first developmental test series on the RS-25 rocket engine that will power the upcoming Space Launch System (SLS).
A team of astrophysicists and astronomers, led by Dr Youjun Lu of the National Astronomical Observatories of China, has found two supermassive black holes in Markarian 231, the nearest quasar to Earth, using observations from NASA's Hubble Space Telescope.
The Indian space agency has already lined for putting US NISAR (NASA-ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar) satellite into orbit using its GSLV-Mk II rocket, its chief said on Thursday.
Terming it as as a "phenomenal accomplishment", Prime Minister Narendra Modi today congratulated Indian scientists for successfully launching the latest communication satellite GSAT-6.
ISRO's Geostationary Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-D6) with indigenous cryo engine has successfully placed GSAT-6 in transfer orbit.
The Indian Space Research Organisation ( ISRO) has recently released a stunning image of Taytay Crater on Mars, captured by its Mars Colour Camera (MCC) onboard Mars Orbiter spacecraft.
Scientists have developed a new material that can quickly repair itself and could save astronauts' lives in case debris penetrates a spacecraft.
The Indian space agency would, in all probability, declare its GSLV rocket variant -the GSLV-Mk II - fully operational if it successfully puts the GSAT-6 communication satellite into orbit, a senior official of Indian space agency said.
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is set to launch its advanced communication satellite GSAT-6 from Sriharikota rocket port in Andhra Pradesh today.
The 29-hour countdown for the launch of India`s heavy rocket geosynchronous satellite launch vehicle-D6 (GSLV-D6) carrying communication satellite GSAT-6 with strategic use began at 11.52 a.m. on Wednesday at Sriharikota rocket port in Andhra Pradesh, officials said.
NASA's Dawn spacecraft has delivered the closest-yet views of the dwarf planet Ceres.
In a breakthrough discovery, scientists have found the volatile gas that drove eruptions on the moon.
Some recent images of the Martian surface taken by NASA`s Curiosity Rover purportedly showed a craft of some kind that UFO hunters claim could be the crashed wreckage of an alien ship, a media report said.
An unmanned cargo ship loaded with emergency supplies - including Japanese whisky - successfully docked at the International Space Station early today, officials said.
US space agency NASA wants to turn human waste into food so that astronauts sustain on deeper space missions, including Mars.
Six crew members onboard the International Space Station (ISS) are waiting for more than 4,000 kg of research and supplies set to reach the orbiting laboratory on Monday.
It's the era of selfies and just like us, robots too have been bitten by this bug!
The US space agency has funded researchers to find out how to recycle human excreta into food that can help astronauts sustain on deeper space missions, including Mars.
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Blood diamonds: Dawood Ibrahim's latest business interest
- Top 25 news @12pm
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Lalu Prasad Yadav hits out at Modi in Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi? - Part II
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30 pm
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack
- Indrani Mukerjea is my daughter, not step daughter: Upendra Kumar Bora
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!
- Dawood Ibrahim’s latest business interest is `blood diamonds`
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- PM Modi's 'Mann ki Baat': As it happened on August 30
- Vinod Kambli locks maid in room for three days for asking wages, FIR registered
- Richest terrorist group Islamic State, is now minting gold coins?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Kabir Khan got the 'best gift' from Salman Khan
- I feel people have more views than me: Arjun Rampal on divorce rumours