In the heaviest ever commercial mission undertaken by ISRO and its commercial arm Antrix, the country's workhorse the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) will put in orbit five foreign satellites from the spaceport of Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh on July 10.
NASA has crashed a plane in controlled conditions, to test the efficacy of emergency locator transmitters (ELTs).
Surveying how dark matter is distributed and how the distribution changes over time is essential to understanding the role of dark energy that controls the expansion of the universe, feel researchers.
A combination of exercise and artificial gravity may significantly lessen the negative effects of weightlessness in space, a research says.
Russia on Friday successfully launched an unpiloted cargo ship to the International Space Station (ISS) atop a Soyuz rocket.
NASA`s New Horizon spacecraft has captured stunning coloured images of Pluto as it gets ready for a close flyby of the mysterious planet system on July 14.
The unpiloted Russian resupply ship to the International Space Station (ISS) has been rolled out to its launch pad, said NASA.
The US space agency is planning to send a boomerang-shaped aircraft to Mars first to check if the conditions are ripe for the humans to land on the Red Planet.
For the first time, scientists are now able to directly study the planet formation process at a very early stage.
Some of the dust jets emitted from Rosetta's comet can be traced back to active pits on its surface.
The number of distant galaxies could be 10 to 100 times fewer than earlier thought, astronomers estimate.
NASA's New Horizon probe -- set for a Pluto flyby on July 14 -- has confirmed that there is frozen methane on Pluto's surface.
Progress will deliver more than three tons of food, fuel and supplies to the Expedition 44 crew aboard the space station.
Stargazers and astronomer are in for this year’s most amazing celestial show: the two brightest planets, Venus and Jupiter, will seemingly collide in the night sky!
A step-wise approach can send humans to Mars in a much efficient and cheap way, scientists say.
Mysterious footage reportedly depicting three UFOs racing by our Earth has been a big hit on YouTube.
A mission by an unmanned SpaceX Falcon-9 exploded within minutes after launch Sunday over the skies of Cape Canaveral, Florida.
US defense scientists are planning to use genetically engineered algae, bacteria and plants to radically transform the climate of Mars and terraform it into an Earth-like planet.
Astronauts at the International Space Station (ISS) are all set to receive two virtual reality headsets that will help them beam back to Earth what they see in space.
California-based Space Exploration Technologies (SpaceX ) is all set for the launch of its seventh cargo delivery to the International Space Station (ISS) on Sunday under NASA’s Commercial Resupply Services contract.
NASA has explained that June 30, 2015 will officially be a bit longer than usual because an extra second or "leap" second will be added.
The first of five instruments for a spacecraft that will collect a sample from an asteroid and bring it back to Earth has arrived at Lockheed Martin for installation onto NASA's Origins Spectral Interpretation Resource Identification Security-Regolith Explorer (OSIRIS-REx).
India will launch the SAARC satellite, proposed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, by December 2016, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Chairman Kiran Kumar said on Friday.
On July 14, 2015, after a journey of 10 years and three billion miles, NASA's New Horizons spacecraft will make the first close encounter ever with Pluto.
The country's low-cost Mars mission spacecraft that is in a rendezvous with the Red planet for an extended period has enough fuel for it to last "many years", Indian Space Research Organisation Chairman Kiran Kumar said today.
NASA and Microsoft have teamed up to develop a new technology that will enable researchers to work virtually on Mars using wearable technology.
Giving an insight into the evolution of a young planetary system, a NASA supercomputer simulation of the planet and debris disk around star Beta Pictoris reveals that the planet's motion drives spiral waves throughout the disk.
In its bid for the next giant leap to Mars, NASA is seeking ideas for enabling human explorers to safely land, live and work on the Red Planet.
Privately owned OneWeb announced what it called the world`s largest commercial rocket deal on Thursday after raising $500 million from a group of global investors to support its plans to bring broadband to billions of people via satellite.
NASA will send an international crew to the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean this summer to prepare for future deep space missions during the 14-day NASA Extreme Environment Mission Operations (NEEMO) 20 expedition to begin from July 20, NASA said in a statement.
- Hema Malini injured in Dausa car crash
- 1,400 teachers with fake degrees resign in Bihar
- Telangana CM gets Rs 5 crore bullet-proof luxury bus
- Court clerk clears Rajasthan Judicial Service, becomes judge!
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- AIB: Swatchh Bharat-Clean India reality check
- Telephone exchange case: CBI interrogates Dayanidhi Maran third time
- Why Bal Bharti School cancelled admission of 60 students?
- Now, another AAP MLA in fake degree row
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- SECC will provide important input for policy makers: Arun Jaitley
- Aapke Sitare, July 2: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Aapke Sitare, July 3: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Nationwide mobile number portability from today!
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube
- No intention to surround India in 'string of pearl' bases: China
- Kerala student with 100% marks denied admission in Delhi University, approaches HC
- This dog in Madhya Pradesh got an Aadhaar card for itself
- Govt releases first Socio-Economic and Caste Census in 8 decades
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- MPs won't get hike in salary and allowances, govt not willing to accept proposals
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Copa America 2015: Argentina, Chile poised for classic finale