A new research has looked into the origins of Earth and claimed that nearly 4 billion years ago, life on the planet probably started as a hiccup rather than a roar.
A video showing ten white circular balls flying across the sky in Osaka, Japan is being circulated online.
With its biggest orbit manoeuvre since 2006, NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) is preparing for the arrival of NASA's next Mars lander called InSight next year.
Russia and Brazil are in talks aimed at creating a launch pad for the Angara space rockets at the Alcantara Launch Center on the northern Atlantic coast, Aleksandr Medvedev, general designer of the rocket’s manufacturer Khrunichev Centre, has said.
Russia will test launch around 10 Angara heavy carrier rockets in the next few years, Alexander Medvedev, general designer of the rocket’s manufacturer Khrunichev Centre has said.
INSAT-3D, India's Advanced Weather Satellite, has completed two successful years in orbit, the Indian Space Research Organisation said .
NASA scientists have delivered a new camera, called Red Epic Dragon, which is capable of shooting at resolutions ranging from conventional high-definition television (HDTV) up to 6K, specifically 6,144 x 3,160 pixels.
Astronomers now know how cosmic winds strongly impacts galaxies, sweeping out interstellar material and stopping future star formation.
Yuri Milner, the Russian billionaire who is funding the USD 100 million search for aliens, is offering USD 1 million prize money to craft the best message to send to an extraterrestrial civilisation.
China is hurriedly giving finishing touches to what is being hailed as the world's largest radio telescope designed to find signs of alien life!
After a successful mission to Pluto last week, scientists are preparing to launch a probe to search for life on the icy moons of Saturn and Jupiter, media reports said.
NASA is investigating the feasibility of creating a windbot, a robotic probe designed to stay aloft in a planet's atmosphere for a long time, to explore gas giants like Jupiter and Saturn.
NASA is organising space camps for the young would-be astronauts this summer and the best ones may join the US space missions, including Mars.
NASA's New Horizons mission has made surprising new discovery, and found haze and flowing ice on Pluto.
NASA's discovery of Earth 2.0 has excited Chinese with over 44 million posts on social media about the discovery of a new planet that has a "substantial opportunity" to host life.
NASA unveils the much awaited images of Pluto taken by the New Horizons spacecraft during the July 14 historic flyby of the dwarf planet.
Data obtained using the European Southern Observatory's ALMA telescope in Chile has given astronomers their first glimpse at the interior of distant galaxies, the ESO said.
NASA on Thursday confirmed the discovery of the first near-Earth-size planet, Kepler-452b, in the “habitable zone” around a sun-like star by its Kelper Telescope.
Three crew members- NASA astronaut Kjell Lindgren, Oleg Kononenko of the Russian Federal Space Agency (Roscosmos) and Kimiya Yui of the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) have arrived at the International Space Station (ISS) on Wednesday, after a two-month launch delay.
Mathematicians have now found that hydrogen peroxide, which is commonly used as hair bleach, might have provided the energy source for the development of life on Earth.
Scientists have come up with a new theory which claims that dark matter really acts like subatomic particles, which the has been known to science since the 1930s.
US space agency NASA has likely discovered 'another earth' orbiting a star. The discovery is an important step in NASA's attempts to find life outside earth.
Three astronauts aboard a Soyuz spacecraft successfully launched towards the International Space Station on Thursday after a two-month delay caused by a Russian rocket failure.
As the science enthusiasts await for more information about this dwarf planet, here are some well known interesting facts to brush up your knowledge
The expenditure on the ground system of the proposed SAARC satellite project will be borne by the regional bloc countries while India will bear the expenses on its building and launching, government today said.
NASA could land humans on the Moon in the next five to seven years and build a permanent base 10 to 12 years after that, a new study has claimed.
Information about the improbable evolutionary path that enabled Earth and not Venus to sustain life has been found, shows research.
The New Horizons probe has found a second mountain range situated between bright, icy plains and dark, heavily-cratered terrain on the lower-left edge of Pluto.
On this day in 1969, Neil Armstrong, an American astronaut, became the first person to walk on the moon. To millions of people witnessing history, he proclaimed these unforgettable words on television: “That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.
Stephen Hawking, the eminent British physicist on Monday launched a whopping USD 100-million project to search for aliens.
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- Former President APJ Abdul Kalam passes away
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Will India ever give befitting reply?
- Woman among terrorists who attacked Gurdaspur police station
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- VVIPs, people pay last respects to Dr Kalam at his Delhi residence
- Lata Mangeshkar mourns former President APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- The life and times of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam!
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Arvind Kejriwal meets LK Advani at his residence
- Yakub Memon likely to be buried at jail premises after execution, kin may not get his body
- APJ Abdul Kalam ill – All That We Know At The Moment
- Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' beats 'Baahubali', celebrates Rs 400 crore worldwide collections
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- How a domestic help turned into the world's richest – crazy story of a Kanpur woman!