NASA scientists think that the violent and powerful storms of young sun is one of the key factor that stimulated life on earth.
The European Space Agency has been putting in tireless efforts to conduct a probe into stellar nurseries and has released a mesmerising photograph that shows an incredibly turbulent region of the sky.
Finding geologically young craters and honing in on their age will help scientists understand the collision history in the solar system.
Parody education channel Exurb1a humorously explains the entire universe in just 4 minutes.
Cassini obtained this image with the spacecraft wide-angle camera on February 26 2016 using a spectral filter which preferentially admits wavelengths of near-infrared light centered at 752 nanometers.
India launched its maiden indigenous winged Reusable Launch Vehicle, RLV from Sriharikota spaceport in Andhra Pradesh early Monday.
Launch of India's first indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD is the result of the industrious efforts of our scientists, says PM Modi.
The 6.5 meter long Re-usable Launch Vehicle - Technology Demonstrator (RLV-TD) weighing about 1.7 tons took off at 7 a.m. from the first launchpad at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota.
The RLV-TD was launched from Sriharikota on the coast of the Bay of Bengal in Andhra Pradesh at 7 a.m today.
The 6.5 metre long 'aeroplane'-like structure weighing 1.75 tons was launched from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Andhra Pradesh, about 80 km northeast of Chennai off the Bay of Bengal coast.
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) will mark history with the launch of it's indigenous 'space shuttle' which is fully 'Made-in-India'.
NASA astronaut Jeff Williams just completed 65 days in the International Space Station (ISS) but he has shared many spectacular photographs and time-lapse video of the Earth like his fellow astronauts.
Helen became only the 12th woman to fly into space when she took part in the flight in the Soyuz TM12 spacecraft which blasted off from Kazakhstan, Xinhua reported.
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is all set to undertake the maiden launch of it's indigenous 'space shuttle' which is fully made-in-India effort.
For the first time ever, a firm in China is planning to use a balloon for sending people into space.
Billions of years ago, mega-tsunamis scarred the Martian landscape, yielding evidence of cold, salty oceans conducive to sustaining life, according to a recent study.
Like fellow astronauts Tim Kopra and Tim Peake, NASA astronaut Jeff Williams is also showering his social media followers and space enthusiast with incredible photographs of the Earth from the International Space Station (ISS).
The telescope, well known for its picturesque views of nebulae and galaxies, imaged this image on May 12, 2016, when Mars was 50 million miles from Earth.
Scientists spotted this rare terrain as they peeked through the images of Pluto’s informally named Venera Terra region.
Europa is strongly believed to hide a deep ocean of salty liquid water beneath its icy shell.
The mission took the crew of six American astronauts and one Russian cosmonaut to the ISS to deliver logistics and supplies, as well as to prepare the station for the arrival of the Zvezda Service Module, launched by Russia on July 12, 2000.
NASA astronaut Tim Kopra, who is the commander of the International Space Station (ISS) must have shared around hundreds of breathtaking pictures of our planet from space.
As the balloon travels around the Earth, it may be visible from the ground, particularly at sunrise and sunset, to those who live in the southern hemisphere's mid-latitudes, such as Argentina and South Africa.
SLS and NASA’s Orion spacecraft will launch astronauts on missions to explore multiple destinations on the journey to Mars.
The astronaut shared this May 15, 2016 image to social media describing 'water etchings in western Mexico sands'.
In the dashcam video, that they shared, they can even be heard exclaiming in surprise.
The stunning view was taken when ISS was passing over the island nation of Kiribati at the time, about 2600 kilometers (1,600 miles) south of Hawaii.
Scientists at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), Pasadena, California, compared Europa's potential for producing hydrogen and oxygen with that of Earth through processes that do not directly involve volcanism.
Captured from the spacecraft's Long Range Reconnaissance Imager (LORRI) in April, the images shatter New Horizons' own record for the closest-ever views of this KBO in November 2015 when New Horizons detected "JR1" from 280 million km away.
He was an astrophysicist at the Commission for Atomic Energy and Alternative Energies (CEA) and a professor at the University of Paris.
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu's belief for votes? - Part II
- PM in Iran; Modi visits Gurudwara in Tehran
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- India-Iran's friendship is as old as history: PM Modi
- Two terror attacks in Srinagar in one hour
- Delhi: Rain brings some respite from heat wave
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary
- Pooja Rani ousted, no 2016 Rio Olympic quota for Indian women boxers
- Modi government's two years in power disastrous: Congress
- Heat wave returns to Odisha
- Narendra Modi in Iran, day one: As it happened
- Beware! 'Silent' heart attacks may increase risk of death by three times: Research
- Ravi Shastri unlikley to get renewal, Bharat Arun, Sanjay Bangar on way out
- Abhishek Manu Singhvi moots revamping CWC, shunting out of 'usual faces'
- India's tour of Zimbabwe and West Indies: BCCI selection committee to announce squads today
- Narendra Modi in Iran: PM invokes India's 'civilisational ties', aims to boost economic, cultural partnership
- IPL 2016, Match 56: Virat Kohli's RCB earn playoffs spot, to face Gujarat Lions in Qualifier 1