The weakening intensity of the Earth's magnetic field may actually be coming down to normal rather than approaching a reversal, a new study says.
Some of the first large organisms on the Earth formed ecosystems that were much more complex than previously thought, an analysis of the feeding habits of a 555-million-year-old organism revealed.
In a bid to resume NASA's commercial supply efforts to the orbiting international laboratory, the first flight of Orbital ATK's enhanced Cygnus spacecraft will carry more than 7,000 pounds of equipment and experiments to the International Space Station (ISS).
Last year when Italy sent an espresso machine up to the International Space Station (ISS), researchers wondered how astronauts would sip their double shot espresso in a zero-gravity situation in space.
The three satellites launched this year for China's indigenous navigation satellite system are sending twice as many signals as their predecessors, said the system designer after completing tests on the new units.
NASA scientists are utilising Black Friday to talk about black holes. Using the hashtag #BlackHoleFriday, Nasa’s Twitter account, @NASA, is posting interesting facts and pictures on black holes.
NASA’s Spitzer Space Telescope suggest that the unusual light signals coming from a star called KIC 8462852 are likely coming from dusty comet fragments swarming around it.
Scientists for the first time caught a glimpse of a black hole swallowing a star and shooting out a high-speed flare of matter at the centre of a nearby galaxy.
The James Webb Space Telescope will be the premier astronomical observatory of the next decade.
Expedition 45 Commander Scott Kelly and Flight Engineer Kjell Lindgren of NASA send Thanksgiving greetings back to Earth.
The US space agency is planning to launch two sounding rockets over Norway this winter to study how particles move in a region near the North Pole where Earth's magnetic field is directly connected to the solar wind.
The resulting rubble from Phobos - rocks of various sizes and a lot of dust - would continue to orbit Mars and quickly distribute themselves around the planet in a ring.
Scientists suggest that 3.8 billion years ago, Mars might have had a moderately dense atmosphere.
Max represents the Mars Generation - the young people who will help propel NASA on a journey to the Red Planet.
The launch of the H-IIA rocket was originally scheduled at 3:23 pm (0623 GMT), but was delayed by roughly 30 minutes.
Mitra, a distinguished alumnus of Mumbai University, said NASA's observation of giant X-ray flares from black hole can be most naturally explained by this MECO paradigm.
Below are a few things that happens when astronauts go to the International Space Station.
LkCa15 is a young star with a transition disk around it, a cosmic whirling dervish, a birthplace for planets.
The EarthKAM program allows students to request photographs of specific Earth features, which are taken by a special camera mounted on the space station when it passes over those features.
A new study has identified a "dead" galaxy that seems to be densely packed with dark matter.
Stressing that the country's pride resides in its glorious heritage, Indian Space Research Organisation Chairman A S Kiran Kumar on Saturday said its ancient texts which could yield vital knowledge, if verified, studied and researched properly, should not be disregarded.
In a significant step toward expanding research opportunities aboard the International Space Station (ISS) and reducing its dependence on Russian launch facilities, NASA has ordered California based-company SpaceX to launch astronauts from US soil.
The US space agency NASA released a series of 10 close-ups of Pluto that depicts an entire day on the dwarf planet. A day of Pluto is equivalent to 6.4 Earth days.
A research has been published that can challenge the underlying principles of physics.
According to NASA, the reason for the peculiar shape of NGC 3610 stems from its formation history.
NASA researchers are spending at least the next six months poring over data from a test that involved sending volcanic ash through an airplane engine.
It consists of the spacecraft’s main heat shield that faces into the atmosphere on re-entry to slow the spaceship down and also the grid of tiles known as the back shell.
In a bid to bolster its effort to prepare humans for deeper space missions, NASA engineers have refined the key thermal protection system of Orion - new exploration spacecraft designed to ferry astronauts to asteroid and Mars.
The star's extraordinary magnetic field is potentially associated with a constant flurry of solar-flare-like eruptions.
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- ISI agent arrested by STF in Uttar Pradesh
- Prashant Bhushan ridicules Arvind Kejriwal's Janlokpal
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Syed Ahmed Bukhari takes a jibe at Azam Khan
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Is Arvind Kejriwal deceiving people by diluting the clauses of Jan Lokpal?
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- The 'struggle' of Kashimiri Pandits
- Turkey: Prominent human rights activist killed in attack
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown up by mortar while filming propaganda video
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- See inside: Gorgeous Kajol, Kareena, Alia on Vogue cover!
- Sunny Leone's 'Baby Doll' in 'Mastizaade'?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- No protest against Modi, he is our PM: Jamia's media co-ordinator on convocation row
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos – Players to watch out for