A giant asteroid - around 2.5 kms in diameter - is heading towards Earth. An asteroid of its size has the potential to cause global devastation if it was to hit Earth, but NASA said the space rock poses no danger to us.
We could be actually living on Mars within next few decades as NASA has unveiled its plans of building colonies on the Red Planet.
Students in Nanjing University of Technology and Engineering independently developed the satellite, using commercial components, the People's Daily reported.
NASA scientist Amitabh Ghosh said on Friday that though the discovery of liquid water on Mars opens up immense possibilities, colonization of the red planet is still a distant possibility.
With a recent NASA study confirming presence of water on Mars, Indian-origin scientist working with the US space agency Amitabh Ghosh on Friday said that a few other planets in our solar system too may have water, increasing the possibility of finding life there.
Asteroid 86666 (2000 FL10), which could be up to 2.6km wide, has the potential to end life on the planet but fortunately will narrowly miss Earth.
Mars Science Laboratory presents recent results of its quest to not just follow the water but to understand where it came from, and how long it lasted on the surface of Mars so long ago.
The Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) should be made India's primary navigation system, said a top scientist on Thursday.
The US space agency announced the breakthrough Pluto discovery on Thursday.
India has entered into the realm of satellite-based navigation with its two "pioneering" projects GAGAN and IRNSS.
51 Pegasi b was the first planet spotted around a “normal” star like our Sun.
The fast-moving, wave-like structures are unlike anything ever observed, or even predicted in a circumstellar disk, researchers noted.
NASA has already released stunning images of Pluto, which show a landscape of mountains, craters and gorges on the surface.
China launched four satellites on Wednesday for commercial remote-sensing services, an important step in the development of remote-sensing space technology.
China has successfully launched first of its kind of three cube satellites (CubeSats) which will help in tracking civil aircraft and ships and avoid tragedies like the missing flight MH370, official media said.
NASA has successfully completed key heat shield tests for the future exploration spacecrafts that will scout the Red Planet for signs of life.
Mathematicians at University of Southampton have now found a new way to measure the mass of pulsars.
The image of the dazzling nighttime panorama was captured by an astronaut aboard the International Space Station while looking north across Pakistan’s Indus River valley.
The film depicts Acidalia Planitia as smooth, but in reality images show a rough and hazardous terrain.
ISRO has stated that more analysis is required on the Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM).
NASA is funding Bruce Bugbee to help grow food in difficult space conditions.
As the powerful Hurricane Joaquin was slamming the Bahamas, NASA astronaut Scott Kelly captured a stunning photo of the storm on Friday morning from the International Space Station (ISS).
A 3D printed ice shelter designed for Mars, which aims to rely on the red planet's predicted liquid water and low temperatures, has won the first-place award of USD 25,000 in NASA's Mars habitat design competition.
In possibly one of the most well-known experiments, Mars500 had six men spend 520 days in a pressurized facility in Russia – the longest simulated space mission to date.
While you enjoy spectacular landscapes and a lone astronaut's fight for survival in Matt Damon-starrer Â“The Martian,Â” Mars Curiosity rover has sent a stunning Â“postcardÂ” after it drilled its eighth hole on the Red Planet.
Space experts were left astonished when they saw a video of Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) in the northern suburbs of Oregon and appeared to show a bright object drifting through the sunset.
NASA has released the highest resolution images of Pluto`s largest moon, Charon.
Water reserves found on the moon are the result of asteroids acting as "delivery vehicles" and not of falling comets as was previously thought, new research has found.
As NASA is planning to send humans on Mars by 2030, its researchers back on the Earth are experimenting with astronauts for whom readapting to gravity and walking through the obstacle course after a deep space travel will not be an easy task.
In its quest to explore Venus, near-earth objects and bizarre metal asteroids, the US space agency has zeroed on five key science investigations among 27 proposals through its ambitious Discovery programme.
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- DNA: Final result of Zee News survey on Bihar polls
- Thousands stuck in major jam on China's 50-lane expressway
- Ignore provocative politicians, listen to Pranab Mukherjee: Narendra Modi
- CM Arvind Kejriwal sacks Asim Ahmed Khan over allegations of corruption
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Zee Media brings you the biggest survey- Part II
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Zee Media brings you the biggest survey
- DNA: Analysing smart schools of America
- Farmer's lands wiped out for Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Bihar elections: Exclusive pre-poll survey predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?
- WATCH: First video of Sachin Tendulkar, Shane Warne's Cricket All Stars!
- 'Jazbaa' movie review: It runs at a breakneck speed!
- 'Afghan Taliban open to peace talks; Haqqani, al Qaeda not'
- Saudi woman, who chopped off Indian maid's hand, arrested
- Bihar poll survey: Majority of Hindus, OBCs favour NDA; Muslims,Yadavs to vote for JD(U)-RJD
- Vijender Singh looks to live upto hype in pro boxing debut today
- Our plans scuttled after Eden Gardens washout, says MS Dhoni
- See in pic: Sharp, fierce Salman Khan in 'Sultan' first look
- Sangeet Som, `saviour` of cows, is director of meat processing unit?
- Revealed! The best sexual position to get pregnant