The image shows Whitson training for underwater for her spacewalk.
Gravitational waves are ripples that travel at the speed of light through the fabric of space-time.
PM Modi also lauded the role of Indian scientists in the historic project.
The phenomenon was observed by two US-based underground detectors, designed to spot tiny vibrations from passing gravitational waves, a project known as the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory, or LIGO.
NASA says people can take a virtual trip to 14 alien worlds, and maybe even plaster their living room with planetary art, via the new, futuristic space tourism posters.
This time, NASA's Aqua satellite has sent in its image of the day, which NASA has dutifully released.
The video was captured as the ISS was flying over North Africa and Turkey towards Russia.
The US daily also cited a scientist at the Indian Institute of Astrophysics which is analysing samples of the rock provided by the police as doubting if it was a meteorite.
The research identified several new structures that could help to explain the movement of the Milky Way, including three galaxy concentrations (named NW1, NW2 and NW3) and two new clusters (named CW1 and CW2).
Fascinating aurora's, different parts of the world at different times of the day, mountains, the moon, planets, just about everything!
The image was taken in visible light with the Cassini spacecraft wide-angle camera on November 23, 2015
Asteroid 2013 TX68 was discovered by NASA in October 2013.
Most of these findings, however, were made by UFO Sightings Daily editor Scott C Waring, who spends hours prowling through images of Mars released by NASA, thanks to Curiosity.
In comparison, about a third of the Earth's mass is in its core.
Ever wondered, though, how the super bowl might look from space? How holding a super bowl party may feel like, up in space?
Aerodynamics engineers including an Indian-origin scientist are studying sports balls to learn lessons in aerodynamics that will help build aircrafts more earth-friendly and allow spacecrafts to take the most efficient route to Mars in the future.
An international team has found unexpectedly cold dust grains in a planet-forming disc nicknamed the “Flying Saucer”, about 400 light-years from Earth.
Scott Kelly recently posted a beautiful image of the Himalayas from Space.
During each episode, the star is consuming the equivalent of one Earth mass every ten days.
A small asteroid that is expected to make its closest approach to Earth on March 5 will pass peacefully without disturbing our world at a distance of between 9,000-17,000 km.
Astronaut Edgar Mitchell, a module pilot on Apollo 14 mission that touched down the lunar surface on February 5, 1971, died in Florida this week on the eve of the 45th anniversary of his lunar landing.
The US space agency NASA recently shared a beautiful image of two or more galaxies in the act of merging together to form a single new galaxy.
Expedition 46 flight engineer Tim Peake who is currently at the International Space Station has shared a beautiful picture of Denmark, Norway and Sweden under the aurora taken some 200 miles above the Earth.
The hills are likely miniature versions of the larger, jumbled mountains on Sputnik Planum’s western border.
British astronaut Tim Peake has been showering us with beautiful images of the Earth from Space.
The study showed that Jupiter teams with Saturn to kick a significant fraction of the particles into the inner Solar System and into orbits that cross Earth`s path.
Philae is a robotic lander that accompanied the Rosetta spacecraft until it landed on comet 67P/Churyumov–Gerasimenko.
The duo worked outside for four hours and 45 minutes, finishing 45 minutes early.
The Juno spacecraft`s thrusters consumed about 0.6 kg of fuel during the burn and changed the spacecraft`s speed by 0.31 metres per second.
Two Russians are taking a spacewalk to install fresh experiments outside the International Space Station and gather old ones. Cosmonauts Yuri Malenchenko and Sergey Volkov stepped out on Wednesday.
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa still in coma
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part IV
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part III
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- More sexual harassment complaints against TERI's RK Pachauri
- DNA: How soldiers are being trained for avalanche rescue
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- Standing united with Army - UP woman, retd CISF man offer kidney to save Hanumanthappa
- Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa used to walk 6 kms every day for school, wears never say die attitude - 5 interesting facts
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- Lance Naik Hanumanthappa's condition worsens, still in coma; nation prays
- Bible has more violent content than Quran, reveals text analysis
- Pakistan bans Valentine's Day celebrations in Islamabad?
- Ajay Devgan has 'intense' role in 'Fitoor'
- Rakhi Sawant to become a porn star - Here's why
- RSS forged alliance with Indian Union Muslim League for Kerala Assembly elections?