NASA`s Hubble space telescope has spotted a weird star in our galaxy and has been nicknamed "nasty" owing to its behaviour never seen before.
India has "lost interest" in the Russian project for the soil sample taking at the south pole of the Moon after "mutual refusal from cooperation, Russia's official media reported.
India's accomplishment in becoming the only Asian country to send a spacecraft to Mars has earned it a place in the top rankings of space-faring nations, a report by a Chinese research institution has said.
The Indian Space Research Organisation is developing its maiden reusable space shuttle which will be test-launched towards the second half of July.
Modern techniques are required to detect faults before a system failure happens, a top Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) official said here on Friday.
A team of astronomers has uncovered surprising new clues about a hefty, rapidly ageing star whose behavior has never been seen before in our Milky Way galaxy.
US space agency NASA said on Thursday that its Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer (WISE) telescope has discovered a remote galaxy that shines with the light of more than 300 trillion suns, making it the most luminous galaxy ever found.
Back-to-back rocket launch failures have dealt Russia one of the heaviest blows to its space industry since the Soviet collapse -- with national pride and billions of dollars at stake.
The union cabinet on Thursday gave its approval for the constinuation of the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) programme for 15 operational flights (PSLV-C36 to PSLV-C50).
SpaceX's Dragon cargo capsule has successfully returned to Earth from the International Space Station with some 3,000 pounds of equipment and experiments inside it.
A team of astronomers has witnessed a supernova smashing into a nearby star, shocking it and creating an ultraviolet glow that reveals the size of the companion.
A team of Australian and Spanish astronomers have caught a greedy galaxy gobbling on its neighbours and leaving crumbs of evidence about its dietary past.
With help from NASA, a small research satellite to test technology for in-space solar propulsion has been launched into space.
India will launch an advanced communications satellite (GSAT-6) in July or August for strategic applications, its space agency chief said on Wednesday.
Indian meteorologists have to develop new models to predict unseasonal rains, which damaged rabi crops in many parts of the country causing huge losses, the space agency chief said on Wednesday.
After India's much hailed successful missions to the Moon and Mars that boosted its global standing in space, the next inter-planetary expedition to be launched is under discussion, according to ISRO.
NASA is all set to launch a sounding rocket to help adjust a key instrument aboard NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO).
Scientists have successfully captured 360 degree panoramic views of the Moon by using a rugged camera technology.
The LIGO Scientific Collaboration (LSC) is dedicating their second-generation gravitational-wave detectors (aLIGO) in a ceremony at the Hanford detector site on May 19.
Scheduled to be launched later this year, ASTROSAT, the first dedicated Indian astronomy mission aimed at studying distant celestial objects is now fully assembled, ISRO said Tuesday.
NASA is seeking ideas from US companies for a spacecraft design that can be used for its ambitious Asteroid Redirect Mission (ARM) and a robotic satellite servicing mission in low-Earth orbit.
An experimental apparatus belonging to NASA would be hitching a ride on the US Air Force's famous X-37B unmanned space plane as it sets off on its next mission on Wednesday.
Even as debate over life on Mars continues, scientists have now come up with a new technique to find traces of alien life on the Red Planet.
A group of 20 students from Odisha recently explored various aspects of operations of the Space Applications Centre of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and Gujarat Science City in Ahmedabad.
NASA's Mars rover Opportunity has completed its first Red Planet marathon, clocking 42.195 kilometres in a finish time of roughly 11 years and two months.
New evidence suggests that an advanced ancient race on Earth fell victim to a comet 13,000 years ago.
NASA has formally certified US-based Space Exploration Technologies Corporation's (SpaceX) Falcon 9 rocket to launch the most ambitious science missions.
Russia`s space agency said Monday it had managed to restart the engines of the Progress spacecraft and correct the orbit of the International Space Station (ISS) after a failed first attempt.
Humans have always fantasised of "little green men" from Mars, and scientists have now come up with a new way to search for traces of alien life on the red planet.
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp