Historical accounts of bright nights go back centuries. European newspapers and the scientific literature also carried observations of these events in 1783, 1908 and 1916.
Self-driving robotic health clinics that treats patinets on the street could soon become a reality in the future.
According to the report, Dr Kaw was suffering from Parkinson's disease and had recently undergone a bypass surgery.
The research, published in the journal Scientific Reports, used 3D printers to create the struts that make up one of the primary components of the tensegrity structure.
The robot with four arms and eight sticks writes and plays its own compositions on a marimba, using a database of well-known pop, classical and jazz artists.
Researchers at the University of Waterloo in the US showed that the waste energy can be used to operate secondary systems, such as air conditioning or refrigeration units, when the vehicles are stopped and idling.
As part of efforts to understand the emotional side of the brain, researchers in the US have for the first time pinpointed areas directly responsible for emotional spillover.
A crocodile has bitten a zookeeper's head before violently thrashing him from side to side while he screamed in agony.
Stereoscopic vision is the brain's ability to decode the flat 2D optical information received by both eyes to give us the depth of perception needed to thread a needle, catch a ball, park a car and generally navigate a 3D world.
The team from Canadian startup Maluuba used a branch of AI called reinforcement learning to play the 1980s arcade game Ms Pac-Man perfectly.
Scientists have developed a plant that uses carbon dioxide in the air to produce renewable fuels and chemicals, an advance that could help reduce greenhouse gas emissions and reliance on fossil fuels.
While there are many amphibious armoured vehicles in the world, most of them move very slowly in the water.
The findings, published this week in the journal Nature, demonstrate that magnetic properties can exist even in the 2-D realm, opening a world of potential applications, as magnetic materials form the basis of technologies that play increasingly pivotal roles in our lives today
Researchers, including those from Carnegie Institution for Science in the US, pressurised and heated a structurally disordered form of carbon called glassy carbon.
Researchers from Duke University Medical Center in Durham said the improved vaccine added three more targets to a human vaccine candidate that showed a promise.
The robot, AI-MATHS, completed two versions of the exam's math test. It finished the test in 22 minutes, scoring 105 points out of 150 points, without Internet support. It scored 100 points on another version of the test.
The study proved that material chromium tri-chloride has magnetic properties in the mono-layer form, which may open up a world of potential applications possibly in the information technology industry.
The biggest unmanned ground vehicle competition in the world for university students, it was held at Oakland University in Michigan.
Precision radiology is the new thing which makes use of feature engineering and deep learning methods in a radiomics framework to predict the age of a person.
The mask, that dates back to about 1000 BC, was found at a site where adults and children were buried.
The discovery took place as part of the Dead Sea Deep Drilling project which harnessed a 1,500-foot-deep drill core to delve into the Dead Sea basin.
The new technology will do away with the need to stop and recharge an electric car's battery, and dramatically reduce the need for new infrastructure to support re-charging stations, researchers said.
The speed was recorded during a test of the elevator in Guangzhou CTF Finance Centre in China.
The new AI machine looks at images of their organs and predicts with 69 percent accuracy.
Prehistoric proteins might have supplied the first possible glimpse of the steps towards rebuilding dinosaurs.
The Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory (LIGO) in the US made the detection on January 4 this year, demonstrating that a new window in astronomy has been firmly opened.
The gigantic plane was wheeled out of its hanger for the first time and is all set to take on rocket makers as it is no less than a miracle.
All these things raise a very important question and that is when will artificial intelligence surpass human performance and deliver in a much better way than human beings.
The research, published in the journal Nature Nanotechnology, involves the development of a carbon nanotube-based heating element that will vastly improve the recovery of fresh water during membrane distillation processes.
For the experiment, researchers worked with a group of 66 incarcerated ex-combatants from a paramilitary terrorist group in Colombia, a country with one of the greatest insurgency rates in the world, says a report in BBC News.
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- Watch: Car catches fire in Bihar's Nalanda, no casualty
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA: Police officer stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid in Srinagar
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- WATCH: Jason Roy becomes first man ever to be dismissed for obstructing field in T20Is
- Prabhas’ reaction to SS Rajamouli’s ‘Baahubali 3’ offer is hilarious! WATCH
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- ISRO successfully plants Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites in orbit - This is what PM Modi has to say!
- West Indies vs India, 1st ODI — As it happened...
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- Government announces names of 30 more smart cities; Thiruvanathapuram tops list
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- Mohammad Nabi thanks BCCI for helping Afghanistan get Test status; hopes to play first 5-day match against India
- Subramanian Swamy says security cover given to Mirwaiz Umar Farooq should be revoked
- WATCH: The Great Khali's protegee Kavita Devi makes history, all set to become first Indian woman ever to fight in WWE