The outbreak was stopped by substantially reducing use of ciprofloxacin and related antibiotics, researchers said.
The miniature autonomous underwater explorers (M-AUEs) will study small-scale environmental processes taking place in the ocean.
Japan on Tuesday launched a new communications satellite designed to promote the sharing of military information.
Using the 3D-printing technology, a team of Spanish scientists has for the first time created proper human skin that can be used in transplants on burn patients and those with other skin problems and also in chemical tests.
Ants, which are famed for their highly developed work ethic, use the sun and memories of their surroundings to find the way home when they walk backward dragging a heavy load, scientists have found.
The technology developed by researchers at Washington University in the US may allow scientists to watch neurons fire and image live activity in the brain in future, researchers said.
The research team also used, for the first time, a technique called atomic layer deposition to place a thin film of aluminum oxide on top of a garnet structure coating the ceramic electrolyte.
Developed by students and professors of prestigious Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) as a research project, SARA became a key exhibit at the WEF annual meeting held in this ski resort town last week.
The model splits the population into three categories - those susceptible to the infection, those that are infected and those that have either died or recovered.
The new material for these affordable 'eco-friendly' bags is being optimised for Egyptian conditions, as effective waste management is one of the country's biggest challenges, researchers said.
Rechargeable lithium batteries have helped power the `portable revolution` in mobile phones, laptops and tablet computers.
Scientists say the 300-character story focusing on the Spring Festival travel rush was written in just a second.
In this technique, nanoscale perovskite particles self-assemble to produce more efficient, stable and durable perovskite-based LEDs and the working was published in journal Nature Photonics.
Vishveswara made an important calculation that was used in the discovery of gravitational waves by LIGO (Laser Interferometer Gravitational Wave Observatory) detectors in 2015, from the merger of black holes.
It took the climate about 30 years to recover, the scientists found.
Poor air quality causes health problems worldwide and is a factor in diseases such as asthma, heart disease and lung cancer.
The study used a combination of the latest technologies for genome sequencing and genome assembly, revealing an estimated 70,830 predicted genes.
The solar-powered boat, introduced by the State Water Transport Corporation, can accommodate 75 passengers.
The scientist mined for amber in seams of coal near Surat.
A catalogue of more than 150,000 stars helped the scientists discover this fact.
The thickness, the way it flows, and even the appearance is highly similar. This indicates that those properties of earwax seem to be a solution that works well across species.
The researchers from Pennsylvania State University in the US examined two fossil lantern fruit collected in an area in Argentina that was temperate rainforest when the plants grew, 52 million years ago.
Born in 1942, Hawking is known as one of the biggest pioneers of science – his life and work fascinating people for decades.
Researchers at Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the US analysed the material's behaviour down to the level of individual atoms within the structure.
Researchers for the first time showed how 'click-chemistry' can be used to attach molecules, such as antibiotics or fluorescent dyes, to artificially produced spider silk synthesised by E coli bacteria.
Energysquare is a two-part system that consists of a charging pad and a sticker that is place on the back of any device.
Contradicting a prevalent perception, a new study says that our brain enlargement and dental reduction did not happen in lockstep.
The Indian Science Congress is a five-day-long event with the focal theme being 'Science and Technology for National Development'.
It helps the brain set what an individual has learned or experienced as a quick instant replay.
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- Why international media reacts negatively after Yogi Adityanath appointed as UP Chief Minister?
- Dr Subhash Chandra donates his salary to PM Relief Fund
- Netaji Subhash Park in Yogi Adityanath's hometown Gorakhpur under illegal occupation
- Lalu Prasad Yadav injured as stage collapses in Patna
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Why are Tamil Nadu farmers protesting with 'skulls' in Delhi?
- DNA: Today in history, 24 March 2017
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- DNA: Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar urges everyone to build toilets
- DNA: Has India crossed all limits of tolerance against naxalism?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- PM Modi picks IAS officer B Chandralekha to head Swachh Bharat Mission – Know about her
- Here's everything you need to know about Shaun Tait's wife, Mashoom Singha — PHOTOS INSIDE
- How will Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad go back to Pune? After Air India, IndiGo cancels his ticket
- Incredible! This video of a boy being saved from a menacing tiger has over 10 lakh views – WATCH
- Shaun Tait becomes an 'Overseas Citizen of India' – Does that make him eligible to play for India in future?
- Priyanka Chopra's picture with THIS Spanish model is UNMISSABLE!
- Emotional Kuldeep Yadav cries even as legends Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri try to decode India's latest sensation — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Kapil Sharma – Sunil Grover fallout: Ali Asgar starts shooting for another show?