An infrared spectrometer analyses spectral signatures in light reflected or emitted by the asteroid to determine its mineralogy.
The Milky Way is host to several dozen smaller galaxy satellites.
Hubble was used to image the asteroid in September 2016 just before the asteroid made its closest approach to the Sun.
The study found three new craters near Mercury's north pole that appear to harbour large surface ice deposits.
At 4.64 million square kilometres, it is the lowest on record since 1978 and has reached the mark on September 13, say the US space agency.
The spacewalks performed by Expedition 53 astronauts will take place over a period of two weeks.
The study published in the journal Nature Astronomy sheds light on a class of black holes having a mass upwards of one million times the mass of the Sun.
Polarised light was detected from Regulus, one of the brightest stars in the night sky, which is in the constellation Leo.
Researchers also developed a method to measure river paleo-transport direction for a subset of these ridges.
Recently, when NASA was looking for a new class of astronauts, only 12 were selected from a whopping 18,300 applicants.
Nan was diagnosed with lung cancer before FAST was put into use in September 2016, and he continued his duties despite his illness.
Venus' atmosphere is dominated by strong winds that whirl around the planet far faster than Venus itself rotates.
Their experiment included everything from being forced to live in the cramped habitat of the dome to having to rely solely on packaged food - and virtually no contact with another living soul.
The outskirts of the solar system have always been something of an enigma, with astronomers in the late 19th and early 20th centuries searching for a giant planet that was not there, and the subsequent discovery of Pluto in 1930.
Mission scientists will examine the spacecraft's final observations in the coming weeks for new insights about Saturn.
The state-run space agency will schedule its next launch mission after a committee studying the cause of the failure submits its report soon.
This light-eating prowess is due to the planet's unique capability to trap at least 94 percent of the visible starlight falling into its atmosphere.
The 20-year-old spacecraft has been investigating the ringed planet for 13 long years and it's finally time for NASA to say goodbye.
Probably that is the reason Musk, on Thursday, released a blooper reel of his company's failed attempts at rocket landing.
The spacecraft is in the process of emptying its onboard solid-state recorder of all science data, prior to reconfiguring for a near-real-time data relay during the final plunge.
Cassini's aim of investigating Saturn is truly a fruitful one, owing to all the amazingly informative insights into the evolution and structure of the ringed planet.
Besides, titanium oxide, the atmosphere of the exoplanet WASP-19b contains small amounts water and traces of sodium, alongside a strongly scattering global haze.
The findings, published in the journal Geophysical Research Letters, provide researchers clue that could help them better understand the interior structure and evolution of Mars.
Scientists used a new calibration of data taken from NASA’s Moon Mineralogy Mapper, which flew aboard Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft, to quantify how much water is present on a global scale.
The final plunge will take place on the day side of Saturn, near local noon, with the spacecraft entering the atmosphere around 10 degrees north latitude, NASA said.
The Soyuz rocket carrying Alexander Misurkin of Roscosmos, NASA first-time flyer Mark Vande Hei and his veteran colleague Joe Acaba launched as scheduled from Baikonur at 3:17 am (2117 GMT).
UFO and alien hunters claim they are portals or wormholes being used by aliens to monitor 'Earthlings', since the rings appear to be too high up to be considered clouds.
The space agency has released the images that were taken from the International Space Station few hours after the attack.
The huge burst of radiation, which was not harmful to humans due to the Earth's protective atmosphere and distance from the Sun, occurred unexpectedly on September 6, 2017.
On September 11, the spacecraft made its closest approach to Titan at 12:04 pm PDT (3:04 pm EDT), at an altitude of 73,974 miles (119,049 kilometers) above the moon's surface.
- China launches world's fastest train Fuxing on Beijing-Shanghai line
- Dawood Ibrahim's security in Pakistan increased by 50 percent: Iqbal Kaskar
- B'desh PM Sheikh Hasina slams Pak in UN for 1971 atrocities
- Calcutta HC revokes Mamata govt's order on Durga idol immersion ban
- Honeypreet Insan reportedly spotted in Gurusar Modia school
- India replies strongly to Pak PM in UN, terms Pakistan as 'Terroristan'
- Cornered Pakistan plays Kashmir-card again at UN
- How much has PM Modi's constituency Varanasi developed after 2014 polls?
- Honeypreet's husband Vishwas Gupta addresses a press conference - Watch
- Myanmar reaches out to Rohingyas, encourages them to start moving back home
- Two terrorists involved in attack on SSB convoy arrested in Banihal
- IT raids former Karnataka CM SM Krishna's kin's offices in Bengaluru
- PM Modi flags off Mahamana Express from Varanasi
- Modi in Varanasi: PM inaugurates Deendayal Hastkala Sankul
- North Korea threatens H-bomb detonation in Pacific
- Dawood Ibrahim changed house in Pakistan 4 times since Modi govt came to power: Iqbal Kaskar
- Class 5 student commits suicide, asks 'teacher to not punish severely' in last wish
- China's snub to Pakistan at UN: Won't meddle in Kashmir, solve it with India
- Dawood Ibrahim in 'setting' with Narendra Modi govt to return to India: Raj Thackeray
- IRCTC blocks debit card payment gateway for several banks
- Pak PM's threat to India: We have short-range nuclear weapons
- Toddler dies half an hour after allegedly being administered polio drops in Ludhiana
- Watch: MS Dhoni completes miraculous stumping to dismiss Glenn Maxwell at Eden Gardens
- Watch: Smiling Virat Kohli shows Aussies sledging is not good
- Watch: Kuldeep Yadav becomes 1st Indian spinner to take hat-trick in ODIs
- Golmaal Again: Ajay Devgn - Rohit Shetty’s funny team is back to tickle your funny bone – Watch trailer
- Calcutta High Court allows immersion of Durga idols on Muharram
- This is how encounter specialist Pradeep Sharma arrested Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar
- It is now 'terroristan': India hits back at Pakistan at UN
- Fears of washout in Kolkata as India, Australia slated to play 2nd ODI