The European Space Agency (ESA) has selected the Laser Interferometer Space Antenna (LISA) to study gravitational waves in space - a mission in which NASA will partner with ESA in design, development, operations and data analysis.
The satellite's structure is fully 3D printed with reinforced carbon fibre polymer.
Historical accounts of bright nights go back centuries. European newspapers and the scientific literature also carried observations of these events in 1783, 1908 and 1916.
These clouds, or vapor tracers, that will allow scientists on the ground or by aircraft to visually track particle motions in space, may be visible along the mid-Atlantic coastline from New York to North Carolina.
This launch marked the second time that SpaceX has reflown a Falcon 9 first stage, after the March launch of the SES-10 satellite.
NASA has released a beautiful image of Jupiter's band of light and dark clouds.
As per NASA, the multi-canister ampoule ejection system being tested on this mission will allow scientists to gather information over a much larger area than previously able during a sounding rocket mission to study the ionosphere or aurora.
Addressing the media after flagging off ISRO's workhorse rocket, the PSLV-C38, he said that ISRO was all set for the launch of GSAT-17 and there is more lined up for the future.
The image was taken on June 5, 2017, two months before the fifth anniversary of Curiosity's landing near Mount Sharp on Aug. 5 PDT (Aug. 6, 2017, EDT and Universal Time).
Taking advantage of the data provided by JunoCam, citizen scientists Gerald Eichstädt and Seán Doran have managed to create a stunning enhanced-color image of Jupiter’s bands of light and dark clouds.
The results of this NASA-funded study were published in Science on June 22, 2017 — a special time of the year for the IRIS mission, which celebrates its fourth anniversary in space on June 26.
Here are key facts you need to know about the PSLV-C38/Cartosat-2 series mission and why it is important for the country.
The co-passenger satellites comprise 29 nano satellites from 14 countries - Austria, Belgium, Britain, Chile, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, and the US as well as one Indian nano satellite.
Weighing just 64grams, the satellite was designed and built by 18-year-old Rifath Sharook along with six other teammates.
Planetary Transits and Oscillations of stars (PLATO) mission will be launched into the 'L2' virtual point in space - 1.5 million kilometres beyond the Earth, as seen from the Sun - and will monitor thousands of bright stars over a large area of the sky.
The discovery challenges the current understanding of how massive galaxies form and evolve, researchers said.
On August 21, 2017, the Earth will cross the shadow of the moon, creating a total solar eclipse. During the eclipse, the moon will pass between the Sun and Earth, blocking the face of the sun and leaving only its outer atmosphere, or corona, visible in the sky.
According to ISRO, the PSLV rocket's XL variant carrying the 712 kg Cartosat-2 series satellite and 30 co-passenger satellites together weighing about 243 kg is expected to lift off on Friday morning at 9.29 a.m. from the First Launch Pad of Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) SHAR, Sriharikota.
NASA has signed an agreement with Italian Space Agency for the launch of a probe that will provide important clues about the origins of cosmic X-rays, their interactions with matter and gravity as they travel through space.
He is convinced that humans need to leave Earth if they have to survive for another million years.
Fitzsimmons was highlighting the threat for Asteroid Day, a global event on June 30, in which he also said that it is just a matter of time.
The NASA-ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar, or NISAR, satellite will provide an unprecedented detailed view of Earth by using advanced radar imaging.
The launch of a Terrier-Improved Malemute sounding rocket that will create artificial, colourful clouds in space has now been rescheduled for Saturday, June 24, with a launch window between 9:07 and 9:22 p.m. EDT.
The 30 satellites will together weigh 243 kg and the total weight of all the 31 satellites, including Cartosat, is about 955 kg, ISRO said.
As per the US space agency, the launch of the NASA Terrier-Improved Malemute sounding rocket scheduled for Monday, June 19, has been postponed to June 20, Tuesday, because the weather is not expected to be conducive for launch.
The spacecraft is expected to circle the planet for another five years as it has still got about 15kg of fuel left.
With the latest release, Kepler has detected a total of 4,034 planet candidates, of which 2,335 have been verified as exoplanets.
Zhongxing-9A was launched aboard the Long March-3B carrier rocket from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre at 12.11 a.m. (local time), reports Xinhua news agency.
An 18-centimetre-tall cylinder will carry potato seeds and silkworm eggs to be incubated.
While engineers are just getting started analysing the data, the test verified that the motor can fire within milliseconds when needed and will work as expected under high temperatures, according to NASA.
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- Watch: Car catches fire in Bihar's Nalanda, no casualty
- Bihar: Are the Presidential elections causing a rift in the Mahagathbandhan?
- EC disqualifies MP minister over incorrect filing of election expenditure
- Separatist leader Yasin Malik arrested in Srinagar
- DNA: Boris Becker declared bankrupt over long-standing debt
- Boys try to hit SHO by car in Gurugram - Watch
- DNA: Nonstop News
- Lady police officer scolds BJP leader over arrogant behaviour in UP
- DNA : Non Stop News, 24 June 2017
- DNA: Police officer stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid in Srinagar
- DNA: Analysis of Haryana's village with shameful gender ratio
- DNA: Home BP machines giving wrong readings
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- WATCH: Jason Roy becomes first man ever to be dismissed for obstructing field in T20Is
- Allahabad High Court quashes Uttar Pradesh govt order, reinstates six Shia Waqf Board members
- 7th Pay Commission: Final decision on allowances on June 28; HRA rate likely to be capped at 27%
- Prabhas’ reaction to SS Rajamouli’s ‘Baahubali 3’ offer is hilarious! WATCH
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- West Indies vs India, 1st ODI — As it happened...
- Airtel extends 30GB free data offer for another 3 months – Check out details
- ISRO successfully plants Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites in orbit - This is what PM Modi has to say!
- Adam Gilchrist casts doubt on MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh's continuity till 2019 World Cup
- Government announces names of 30 more smart cities; Thiruvanathapuram tops list
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- Mohammad Nabi thanks BCCI for helping Afghanistan get Test status; hopes to play first 5-day match against India
- Subramanian Swamy says security cover given to Mirwaiz Umar Farooq should be revoked
- Vodafone users can get 45GB additional 4G data for 5 months on recharge of 1GB – Know how