As per reports, on Friday, May 19, a sudden dip in brightness of the Tabby Star observed in the skies, resulted in many astronomers pointing their telescopes at the star to decode its curious signals.
It will lift into orbit carrying crew supplies, equipment and scientific research to crewmembers aboard the ISS.
While there are legal restrictions on sales of material from moon missions, including lunar rocks and dust, it is believed some items have been sold on the black market.
Undoubtedly, Indian and American scientists are working round the clock to make the satellite a reality.
Juno's next close flyby of Jupiter will occur on July 11, 2017, taking it over Jupiter’s Great Red Spot.
The environment on Titan may seem surprisingly familiar. Clouds condense and rain down on the surface, feeding rivers that flow into oceans and lakes.
The team uncovered the moon in archival images of 2007 OR10 taken by the Hubble Telescope.
A range of different explanations have been proposed, but the main one isn't likely to make sense and it could actually be a parallel universe.
The Prize was presented by former Prime Minister and IGMT trustee, Dr Manmohan Singh, in the presence of Mrs Sonia Gandhi, Chairperson of the Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust (IGMT), and was received by Shri AS Kiran Kumar, Chairman, ISRO on behalf of ISRO.
The GSAT-19 satellite is scheduled to take off in early June onboard GSLV-Mk III, ISRO's heaviest rocket, from SDSC SHAR, Sriharikota.
Juno will make its fifth science flyby over Jupiter's mysterious cloud tops on Friday, May 19, 2:00 am EDT (Thursday, May 18, at 11:00 pm PDT and 6:00 UTC).
The impact of such communications extend out beyond our atmosphere, creating a bubble surrounding Earth, NASA`s Van Allen Probes, which study electrons and ions in the near-Earth environment, have revealed.
Mr Kulkarni, who is a professor of astrophysics and planetary science at California Institute of Technology in Pasadena, California, built the Palomar Transient Factory, with which he conducted a large-area survey of the night sky in search of variable and transient phenomena.
Scientists believe that rains may have impacted the craters and carved out river-like channel on its surface.
It can only be described as some sort of flying disc-like shaped UFO, that was spotted hovering in the distance behind the international space station before darting away at a very high rate of speed, says Tyler Glockner.
On April 29, Dawn successfully observed Ceres at opposition, taking images from a position exactly between the sun and Ceres’ surface.
The process that carved Perseverance Valley into the rim of Endeavour Crater billions of years ago has not yet been identified.
The planet was only discovered in August 2016, and is thought to be of similar size to Earth, creating the possibility that it could have an 'Earth-like' atmosphere.
NASA's Earth Polychromatic Imaging Camera (EPIC) onboard the DSCOVR captured mysterious flashes of light from the Earth.
The Inmarsat-5 F4 satellite, built by Boeing, lifted off atop a Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral, Florida at 7.21 PM (2321 GMT) Monday, May 15.
Weighing just 0.1kg, the satellite has been built by an Indian teen Rifath Sharook, 12th-grade student from Tamil Nadu’s Pallapatti town.
The Inmarsat-5 satellite, weighing in at nearly 13,500 pounds (6,123.4 kgs), atop the rocket, will blast off from SpaceX’s seaside Launch Complex 39A on NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida at 7:21 p.m. EDT (or 23:21 UTC) Monday, May 15.
The notable aspect of this rocket is that the main and bigger cryogenic engine has been developed by space scientists here and will be powering the rocket for the first time.
In February, NASA began an effort looking at the feasibility of putting crew aboard the first launch of the SLS rocket and Orion - for its Exploration Mission-1, or EM-1.
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration had hoped to launch the Space Launch System, or SLS, rocket in November 2018. The rocket will send the deep-space Orion capsule on a high lunar orbit.
Station commander Peggy Whitson and rookie flier Jack Fischer began what was expected to be a 6-1/2-hour spacewalk more than an hour late, after a cable supplying power and cooling water to Fischer`s spacesuit developed a leak.
NASA has released a beautiful image of the unusual galaxy IRAS 06076-2139, found in the constellation Lepus (The Hare).
The spacewalk was the ninth of Whitson's career. She holds the record for most spacewalks by a woman.
Spacewalks usually last about six and a half hours, but Friday's would be "abbreviated" due to the late start and would last about four hours.
- Will launch 'shuttle diplomacy' for Pakistan, Afghanistan: China
- PM Modi, President Trump hug each other in Rose Garden at White House
- JD(U) was far 'more comfortable' with BJP: KC Tyagi
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- DNA: PM Narendra Modi addresses Indian community in Netherlands
- US confirms sale of predator Guardian drones to India
- Watch! Here are 20 key points of Modi-Trump meet
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- China blocks Kailash Mansarovar yatra entry via Nathu La
- DNA: Know why China is worried about India-US friendship
- Exclusive: In conversation with Arun Jaitley, Finance Minister
- Presidential Election: Meira Kumar thanks Opposition parties for support
- Yogi Adityanath completes 100 days as Uttar Pradesh CM
- Indo-US drone deal cleared: Will it give India an edge over China, Pakistan?
- DNA: US designates Pak-based Hizbul chief Syed Salahuddin as global terrorist
- Union Cabinet approves recommendations of 7th Pay Commission on allowances
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- WATCH: MS Dhoni turns 'bat saving mode' on as rain comes pouring at Port of Spain in 1st IND vs WI ODI
- Guess what PM Modi gifted President Trump and wife Melania!
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- Saw Byculla Jail officials mercilessly thrashing woman prisoner, Indrani Mukerjea tells Mumbai court
- Azam Khan's another shocker: `Lady terrorists chopped off parts of Indian Army soldiers to take revenge for rape` - Watch
- Dutch PM's Hindi tweet to Narendra Modi has evoked funny reactions on Twitter – know why
- JD(U) slams Congress for 'unwarranted' attack on Nitish Kumar, calls BJP 'natural ally'
- India's 6th 'eye in the sky', ISRO's Cartosat -2 series satellite, sends first images back to Earth
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to take up proposal on allowances today, will govt employees get HRA higher than Mathur panel?
- 'India-US alliance to check China's rise will be catastrophic'
- Sachin Tendulkar steps in to convince 'apprehensive' Ravi Shastri for India coach job: Report