ISS astronauts Peggy Whitson and Jack Fischer are venturing outside the space station to replace a large avionics box that supplies electricity and data connections to the science experiments, and replacement hardware stored outside the station.
The study, combining observations from NASA's Hubble and Spitzer space telescopes, shows that the distant planet HAT- P-26b has a primitive atmosphere composed almost entirely of hydrogen and helium.
Expedition 51 astronauts will venture outside the space station to replace a large avionics box that supplies electricity and data connections to the science experiments, and replacement hardware stored outside the station.
Eight postgraduate students from Beihang University in China are divided into two groups.
Overturning lava is a popular explanation for the periodic brightening and dimming of the hot spot, called Loki Patera after the Norse god.
The lunar presence would serve as a launching point for the spacecraft that will carry humans to Mars, a NASA official said.
As part of Beijing's plan to put people on the moon in the next two decades, Chinese volunteers will live in a simulated space cabin for up to 200 days.
The finding could help solve one of the most important debates in evolution - whether life on Earth arose in small, terrestrial ponds, or deep in the ocean, researchers said.
NASA has delivered three detector for the spacecraft's near-infrared instrument.
This happens because their heart and muscles lose the efficacy of transporting oxygen to the muscles.
On May 7, 2017, Cassini spacecraft captured this view of bands of bright, feathery methane clouds drifting across Saturn's Titan as it passed above the moon's surface.
Dubbed 'stealth CMEs', these storms seem to come from nowhere, according to the scientists.
Researchers led by the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow, the UK, used novel laser-plasma-based accelerators to mimic the radiation which presents a risk to astronauts and space technology owing to the lack of protection from it in space.
The commemorative stamp uses special temperature-sensitive inks, 'The Quartz' reported.
There is no precedent in the space-faring world of a free regional communications satellite being gifted like this, and it shows India has a large heart.
Civil engineers at the Stanford University have worked with colleagues at the US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to develop a form of concrete that could be produced on Mars or the moon.
The Hubble telescope helped show that this arc is composed of two distorted images of an ordinary spiral galaxy that just happens to lie behind the cluster.
The proposed missions of discovery – submitted under NASA's New Frontiers programme – will undergo scientific and technical review over the next seven months, the US space agency said in a statement on Friday.
SGDC will provide strategic communications for the Brazilian government and military, and beam broadband services across the country, helping to provide internet access to remote and underserved communities.
The rings themselves are made of fast-moving particles of ice and space debris.
What India has developed it can be shared by our friendly nations. They can use it for TV connectivity.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Friday felicitated the engineers and scientists of ISRO on the successful launch of the South Asia Satellite and said it will open up new avenues of cooperation.
After the launch, all the South Asian leaders went ahead and congratulated India and PM Narendra Modi for the historic launch.
Addressing the Media after the successful launch of South Asia Satellite, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said that India has fulfilled its promises.
The South Asia Satellite, proposed by Prime Minister Modi, has been successfully launched into orbit on May 5, 2017, on board the Indian Space Research Organisation's rocket GSLV-09 from the Second Launch Pad (SLP) at Satish Dhawan Space Centre SHAR (SDSC SHAR), Sriharikota.
As raw material, the test used commercially available simulated lunar soil based on terrestrial volcanic material, processed to mimic the composition and grain sizes of genuine moondust.
The project that aims to benefit all the countries from the region, features seven out of eight SAARC nations.
RAISE images are used to create a data product called a spectrogram, which separates light from the Sun into all its different wavelength components.
On Thursday, ISRO began the 28-hour countdown for the launch of the satellite into orbit.
The GSLV-F09 carrying GSAT-9 will blast off from the second launch pad at the the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota on Friday.
- Will launch 'shuttle diplomacy' for Pakistan, Afghanistan: China
- PM Modi, President Trump hug each other in Rose Garden at White House
- JD(U) was far 'more comfortable' with BJP: KC Tyagi
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- DNA: PM Narendra Modi addresses Indian community in Netherlands
- US confirms sale of predator Guardian drones to India
- Watch! Here are 20 key points of Modi-Trump meet
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- China blocks Kailash Mansarovar yatra entry via Nathu La
- DNA: Know why China is worried about India-US friendship
- Exclusive: In conversation with Arun Jaitley, Finance Minister
- Presidential Election: Meira Kumar thanks Opposition parties for support
- Yogi Adityanath completes 100 days as Uttar Pradesh CM
- Indo-US drone deal cleared: Will it give India an edge over China, Pakistan?
- DNA: US designates Pak-based Hizbul chief Syed Salahuddin as global terrorist
- Union Cabinet approves recommendations of 7th Pay Commission on allowances
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- WATCH: MS Dhoni turns 'bat saving mode' on as rain comes pouring at Port of Spain in 1st IND vs WI ODI
- Guess what PM Modi gifted President Trump and wife Melania!
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- Saw Byculla Jail officials mercilessly thrashing woman prisoner, Indrani Mukerjea tells Mumbai court
- Azam Khan's another shocker: `Lady terrorists chopped off parts of Indian Army soldiers to take revenge for rape` - Watch
- Dutch PM's Hindi tweet to Narendra Modi has evoked funny reactions on Twitter – know why
- JD(U) slams Congress for 'unwarranted' attack on Nitish Kumar, calls BJP 'natural ally'
- India's 6th 'eye in the sky', ISRO's Cartosat -2 series satellite, sends first images back to Earth
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to take up proposal on allowances today, will govt employees get HRA higher than Mathur panel?
- 'India-US alliance to check China's rise will be catastrophic'
- Sachin Tendulkar steps in to convince 'apprehensive' Ravi Shastri for India coach job: Report