Mayookha Johny fails to qualify for long jump final
Glasgow: Indian athlete Mayookha Johny failed to qualify for the women`s long jump final at the Commonwealth Games here Wednesday.
The national record holder could only manage a distance of 6.11 metres, finishing eighth. Cameroon`s Marlyne Ngo Ngoa topped the qualification group with a jump of 6.52m, her personal best, at the Hampden Park Stadium.
The 25-year-old Mayookha`s best attempt came on her first try while her next two attempts were of 6.00m and 5.89m.
The final will be held Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet