Mayookha Johny fails to qualify for long jump final
Glasgow: Indian athlete Mayookha Johny failed to qualify for the women`s long jump final at the Commonwealth Games here Wednesday.
The national record holder could only manage a distance of 6.11 metres, finishing eighth. Cameroon`s Marlyne Ngo Ngoa topped the qualification group with a jump of 6.52m, her personal best, at the Hampden Park Stadium.
The 25-year-old Mayookha`s best attempt came on her first try while her next two attempts were of 6.00m and 5.89m.
The final will be held Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015