No marks for Indian javelin throwers at Commonwealth Games
Glasgow: For reasons known best to them, Indian javelin throwers Vipin Kasana and Ravinder Singh Khaira didn`t take part in the final round amidst a heavy downpour in the Commonwealth Games at the Hampden Park here Saturday.
While the two Indians were cooling there heels, other participants, including 2012 Olympic champion Keshorn Walcott, went on with business as usual.
The gold went to Kenya`s Julius Kiplangat Yego with a throw of 83.87 metres while Walcott had to be content with a silver with a throw of 82.67 metre. Australian Hamish Peacock got the bronze with 81.75 metre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof