No marks for Indian javelin throwers at Commonwealth Games
Glasgow: For reasons known best to them, Indian javelin throwers Vipin Kasana and Ravinder Singh Khaira didn`t take part in the final round amidst a heavy downpour in the Commonwealth Games at the Hampden Park here Saturday.
While the two Indians were cooling there heels, other participants, including 2012 Olympic champion Keshorn Walcott, went on with business as usual.
The gold went to Kenya`s Julius Kiplangat Yego with a throw of 83.87 metres while Walcott had to be content with a silver with a throw of 82.67 metre. Australian Hamish Peacock got the bronze with 81.75 metre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed