No marks for Indian javelin throwers at Commonwealth Games
Glasgow: For reasons known best to them, Indian javelin throwers Vipin Kasana and Ravinder Singh Khaira didn`t take part in the final round amidst a heavy downpour in the Commonwealth Games at the Hampden Park here Saturday.
While the two Indians were cooling there heels, other participants, including 2012 Olympic champion Keshorn Walcott, went on with business as usual.
The gold went to Kenya`s Julius Kiplangat Yego with a throw of 83.87 metres while Walcott had to be content with a silver with a throw of 82.67 metre. Australian Hamish Peacock got the bronze with 81.75 metre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next