Heena Sidhu, Malaika Goel qualify for women``s 10m air pistol finals
Glasgow: Ace Indian shooter Heena Sidhu qualified for the 10-metre air pistol finals of the 2014 Commonwealth Games by raking in the maximum points in qualification at the Barry Buddon Shooting centre here Friday.
World No.1 Sidhu, who took the top spot after her historic win at the Munich World Cup last November, advanced to the finals with 383 points, four more than Lalita Yauhleuskaya of Australia in second.
The other Indian in the fray, Malaika Goel, also impressed finishing fourth in qualifying with a score of 378 points, the same as that of third placed Canadian Lynda Kiekjo.
The final will take place later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion