Heena Sidhu, Malaika Goel qualify for women``s 10m air pistol finals
Glasgow: Ace Indian shooter Heena Sidhu qualified for the 10-metre air pistol finals of the 2014 Commonwealth Games by raking in the maximum points in qualification at the Barry Buddon Shooting centre here Friday.
World No.1 Sidhu, who took the top spot after her historic win at the Munich World Cup last November, advanced to the finals with 383 points, four more than Lalita Yauhleuskaya of Australia in second.
The other Indian in the fray, Malaika Goel, also impressed finishing fourth in qualifying with a score of 378 points, the same as that of third placed Canadian Lynda Kiekjo.
The final will take place later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister