India blank Kenya 5-0 in group B mixed team event at CWG
Glasgow: Indian shuttlers continued their good showing at the 20th Commonwealth Games as they blanked Kenya 5-0 on the second day of the mixed team competition to top group B, here on Friday.
After thrashing Ghana and Uganda 5-0 yesterday, India dished out yet another dominating performance to complete their group stage proceedings unconquered.
K Srikanth and Jwala Gutta were the ones to start the proceedings for India as the makeshift mixed doubles pair mauled Mercy Joseph and Patrick Mbogo 21-8 21-8 in just 18 minutes.
Delhi Games bronze medallist, Parupalli Kashyap then spanked Victor Munga 21-7 21-8 in a men`s singles match that lasted for just 20 minutes at the Emirates Arena here.
P C Thulasi was then handed the task of shutting the door on the Kenyans and the 22-year-old didn`t disappoint as she notched up a 21-4 21-2 win over Lavina Martins to make it 3-0 in India`s favour.
RMV Gurusaidutt and Pranaav Chopra then combined to streamroll Joseph Githitu and Patrick 21-5 21-6 in the fourth match, while P V Sindhu paired up with Jwala to complete the whitewash with a 21-4 21-5 win over Martins and Joseph in the women`s doubles match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief