India vs Sri Lanka tri-series final: How India won in the last over
Zee Media Bureau
Port-of-Spain: India on Thursday beat Sri Lanka in the final of the tri-nation series. `Captain cool` Mahendra Singh Dhoni scored 16 runs in the last over to take India home. Here`s what happened in the thrilling final over of the game:
ALSO READ: Iceman MS Dhoni does it again, with a Six!»
49th over, 1st ball (15 runs needed): Shaminda Eranga bowls a good length ball to Dhoni wide outside off; Dhoni looks to slug it across the line but misses it.
49th over, 2nd ball (15 runs needed): Eranga bowls a length ball, in the slot outside off, and Dhoni hits a monstrous six touching the Trinidad skyline. The hit wasn`t well-timed but had enough power to go the distance clearing long off.
49th over, 3rd ball (9 runs needed): Eranga bowls short of length ball outside off; Dhoni slices the square cut hard and the ball goes away into the gap at deep backward point for a crucial boundary.
49th over, 4th ball (5 runs needed): Eranga delivers a full ball outside off and Dhoni, staying on the crease, and crunches it flat over the ropes at wide long off for a huge SIX! And India win in style!!!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`