India vs Sri Lanka tri-series final: How India won in the last over
Zee Media Bureau
Port-of-Spain: India on Thursday beat Sri Lanka in the final of the tri-nation series. `Captain cool` Mahendra Singh Dhoni scored 16 runs in the last over to take India home. Here`s what happened in the thrilling final over of the game:
ALSO READ: Iceman MS Dhoni does it again, with a Six!»
49th over, 1st ball (15 runs needed): Shaminda Eranga bowls a good length ball to Dhoni wide outside off; Dhoni looks to slug it across the line but misses it.
49th over, 2nd ball (15 runs needed): Eranga bowls a length ball, in the slot outside off, and Dhoni hits a monstrous six touching the Trinidad skyline. The hit wasn`t well-timed but had enough power to go the distance clearing long off.
49th over, 3rd ball (9 runs needed): Eranga bowls short of length ball outside off; Dhoni slices the square cut hard and the ball goes away into the gap at deep backward point for a crucial boundary.
49th over, 4th ball (5 runs needed): Eranga delivers a full ball outside off and Dhoni, staying on the crease, and crunches it flat over the ropes at wide long off for a huge SIX! And India win in style!!!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered