Tri-nation ODI matches at Trinidad sold out
Port of Spain: Tickets have been sold out for the remaining matches of the Celkon Mobile Cup Tri-Nation ODI series at Queen’s Park Oval in Trinidad, officials of the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) have disclosed.
WICB officials say no tickets are left for any of the games and that ticket offices were closed before mid-day Tuesday.
A number of persons who turned up to purchase tickets were forced to turn back empty handed.
The West Indies, who defeated Sri Lanka and India on the Jamaica leg of the tournament, will take on India on Friday in the presence of a 20,000 capacity crowd.
Similar crowds are expected for the West Indies fourth and final preliminary game against Sri Lanka on Sunday.
Officials also say that tickets for next Thursday’s final have also been sold out.
The West Indies currently lead the standings with nine points from two wins, while Sri Lanka got their first points Tuesday with an emphatic win against world champions India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'