Tri-nation ODI matches at Trinidad sold out
Port of Spain: Tickets have been sold out for the remaining matches of the Celkon Mobile Cup Tri-Nation ODI series at Queen’s Park Oval in Trinidad, officials of the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) have disclosed.
WICB officials say no tickets are left for any of the games and that ticket offices were closed before mid-day Tuesday.
A number of persons who turned up to purchase tickets were forced to turn back empty handed.
The West Indies, who defeated Sri Lanka and India on the Jamaica leg of the tournament, will take on India on Friday in the presence of a 20,000 capacity crowd.
Similar crowds are expected for the West Indies fourth and final preliminary game against Sri Lanka on Sunday.
Officials also say that tickets for next Thursday’s final have also been sold out.
The West Indies currently lead the standings with nine points from two wins, while Sri Lanka got their first points Tuesday with an emphatic win against world champions India.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India