Tri-series: Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja clash over dropped catch
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Team India’s Ravindra Jadeja and Suresh Raina were involved in an unpleasant on-field exchange during the ODI match against West Indies at Port of Spain on Friday.
All-rounder Jadeja lost his cool apparently after his teammate Raina missed two catches off his bowling in the 26th and 32nd over of the Windies innings.
The first chance came in the 26th over when an edge ricocheted off wicketkeeper Dinesh Karthik’s gloves and went between the slip and gully. The batsman was Kemar Roach.
In the 32nd over, Sunil Narine was given a chance off the bowling of Jadeja as both Bhuvneshwar and Raina misjudged a catch at long-on. Narine followed that with a six.
Later, an argument broke between Jadeja and Raina prompting skipper Virat Kohli to intervene.
Riding on Kohli’s century, India on Friday defeated West Indies by 102 runs to keep their hopes of making to the final of the tri-series that also involves Sri Lanka alive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician