Tri-series: Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja clash over dropped catch
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Team India’s Ravindra Jadeja and Suresh Raina were involved in an unpleasant on-field exchange during the ODI match against West Indies at Port of Spain on Friday.
All-rounder Jadeja lost his cool apparently after his teammate Raina missed two catches off his bowling in the 26th and 32nd over of the Windies innings.
The first chance came in the 26th over when an edge ricocheted off wicketkeeper Dinesh Karthik’s gloves and went between the slip and gully. The batsman was Kemar Roach.
In the 32nd over, Sunil Narine was given a chance off the bowling of Jadeja as both Bhuvneshwar and Raina misjudged a catch at long-on. Narine followed that with a six.
Later, an argument broke between Jadeja and Raina prompting skipper Virat Kohli to intervene.
Riding on Kohli’s century, India on Friday defeated West Indies by 102 runs to keep their hopes of making to the final of the tri-series that also involves Sri Lanka alive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!