West Indies vs India, 2nd ODI – Statistical highlights
Kingston: Statistical highlights of the ODI tri-series match between India and the West Indies here.
• Johnson Charles (97 off 110 balls) posted his highest score against India in ODIs, eclipsing the 60 at The Oval on June 11, 2013.
• Charles has recorded two hundreds (one each vs Australia and Bangladesh) and two fifties in ODIs.
• Charles got his second Man of the Match award in ODIs. He had first received the MOM award against Zimbabwe for registering a career-best 130 off 111 balls at St.George`s on February 22, 2013.
• Charles is averaging 55.12 in ODIs in 2013 - 441 in eight innings, including two hundreds and two fifties.
• Darren Sammy (2/41) recorded his best bowling figures vs India in ODIs.
• Suresh Raina (44 off 55 balls) registered his highest score in the Caribbean
• Umesh Yadav`s figures are the best by an Indian bowler vs West Indies at Kingston in ODIs.
• West Indies` win is their first by one-wicket margin over India in ODIs. They have won two matches by one-wicket margin at Kingston - their first win was against New Zealand on March 26, 1996.
• West Indies have established a record at Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica by winning eight ODIs in a row between June 28, 2009 and June 30, 2013.
• West Indies, for the first time, have won three consecutive ODIs vs India at Kingston. They have won four and lost two out of six contested vs India at this venue in ODIs.
• Rohit Sharma (60 off 89 balls) has posted his highest score vs West Indies at Kingston, eclipsing the 57 on June 16, 2011. His ODI record against the West Indies reads 689 runs at an average of 62.63 in 16 matches, including eight fifties.
• Rohit has registered 16 fifties in ODIs -- seven in a losing cause.
• Ramdin is the third West Indian to appear in 100 matches as wicketkeeper in ODIs, joining Jeff Dujon (167) and Ridley Jacobs (147).
• Tino Best (2/54) has recorded his best bowling figures vs India in ODIs.
• In terms of runs conceded, Sunil Narine (10-0-56-0) recorded his worst bowling figures.
• Bhuvneshwar Kumar (11 not out) has registered his highest score overseas in ODIs.
• Marlon Samuels` economy rate of 2.22 is not only his best vs India but also his best in the Caribbean in ODIs.
• Devon Smith`s first duck vs India is his third in ODIs.
• Darren Bravo (55 off 78 balls) posted his 10th fifty in ODIs - his third vs India.
• Charles and Bravo were involved in a fourth-wicket partnership of 116 - West Indies` highest for any wicket vs India at Kingston in ODIs.
• R Ashwin (2/44) posted his best bowling performance in the Caribbean in ODIs.