`Sacked` Mickey Arthur hints at considering England coaching job
Sydney: Sacked Australian coach Mickey Arthur has reportedly hinted that he is considering competing for the job of England`s team director after Andy Flower`s resignation from the position over the team`s 5-0 Ashes loss.
A host of names have been thrown up in the wake of Andy Flower`s decision to stand down from the role after leading England to one of its most disastrous series loses in recent memory, although current limited overs coach Ashley Giles remains the favourite to replace the departed Flower at the head of the Test team.
According to News.com.au, South African Arthur appeared to show that he was considering putting his hand up when asked about the job during the Twenty20 clash between Australia and England in Sydney on Sunday, saying he `could be interested`.
Arthur has remained living in Perth since being sacked as Australia`s coach just two weeks before the start of the Ashes series in England midway through last year, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore