41-year Brad Hogg named in Australia’s World T20 squad
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Sydney: Australia have included big-hitting all-rounder Glenn Maxwell and veteran Brad Hogg in their 15-man squad for the World T20 which starts from September this year.
41-year-old Brad Hogg, who retired from all forms of cricket four years back, came back to the side after impressive performance in the Big Bash League and Indian Premier League.
Ex-captain and middle-order batsman Cameron White also made it to the squad after being left out in January. The other middle-order batsmen in the team are David Hussey, Michael Hussey and the skipper George Bailey.
Hogg, along with left-armer Xavier Doherty, would look into the spin department while the pace department would be taken care of by Pat Cummins, Clint McKay, Ben Hilfenhaus and Mitchell Starc.
The all-rounders’ slots went to Daniel Christian and Shane Watson. Mathew Wade will be the lone wicketkeeper in the team.
David Warner, Shane Watson, Matthew Wade (wk), David Hussey, Michael Hussey, George Bailey (capt), Cameron White, Daniel Christian, Glenn Maxwell, Brad Hogg, Xavier Doherty, Clint McKay, Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Ben Hilfenhaus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?