41-year Brad Hogg named in Australia’s World T20 squad
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Sydney: Australia have included big-hitting all-rounder Glenn Maxwell and veteran Brad Hogg in their 15-man squad for the World T20 which starts from September this year.
41-year-old Brad Hogg, who retired from all forms of cricket four years back, came back to the side after impressive performance in the Big Bash League and Indian Premier League.
Ex-captain and middle-order batsman Cameron White also made it to the squad after being left out in January. The other middle-order batsmen in the team are David Hussey, Michael Hussey and the skipper George Bailey.
Hogg, along with left-armer Xavier Doherty, would look into the spin department while the pace department would be taken care of by Pat Cummins, Clint McKay, Ben Hilfenhaus and Mitchell Starc.
The all-rounders’ slots went to Daniel Christian and Shane Watson. Mathew Wade will be the lone wicketkeeper in the team.
David Warner, Shane Watson, Matthew Wade (wk), David Hussey, Michael Hussey, George Bailey (capt), Cameron White, Daniel Christian, Glenn Maxwell, Brad Hogg, Xavier Doherty, Clint McKay, Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Ben Hilfenhaus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi