ACSU chief was concerned over domestic T20 team owners
New Delhi: The mushrooming of lucrative Twenty20 leagues all over the world has been giving sleepless nights to the ICC Anti Corruption and Security Unit, which is concerned about the "lack of transparency" in the ownership patterns of the franchises across the globe.
ICC ACSU chief Yogendra Pal Singh expressed these apprehensions during a board meeting in January this year. Not only this, Singh was also concerned about Cricket Australia`s bid to have internet access in the dressing room -- a move that was supported by BCCI president N Srinivasan.
All these discussions took place during ICC Board Meeting held in Dubai on January 29, this year.
Singh had expressed his concern about the identity of the owners of certain domestic franchises and the manner in which they procured those teams as well as their sustenance capability.
In fact, Singh`s concern is documented in the section 7.1.2 of the minutes of that particular meeting.
The section titled as `Domestic T20 Leagues-Working Group Update` has a portion which states, "Mr Clarke (Giles) reported that Mr Singh (Y P) had explained in a meeting the previous day that his biggest concern was in respect of the identity of the owners of certain domestic franchises, and lack of a transparent process around how those franchises had been awarded and how they could financially be sustained."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read