ACSU chief was concerned over domestic T20 team owners
New Delhi: The mushrooming of lucrative Twenty20 leagues all over the world has been giving sleepless nights to the ICC Anti Corruption and Security Unit, which is concerned about the "lack of transparency" in the ownership patterns of the franchises across the globe.
ICC ACSU chief Yogendra Pal Singh expressed these apprehensions during a board meeting in January this year. Not only this, Singh was also concerned about Cricket Australia`s bid to have internet access in the dressing room -- a move that was supported by BCCI president N Srinivasan.
All these discussions took place during ICC Board Meeting held in Dubai on January 29, this year.
Singh had expressed his concern about the identity of the owners of certain domestic franchises and the manner in which they procured those teams as well as their sustenance capability.
In fact, Singh`s concern is documented in the section 7.1.2 of the minutes of that particular meeting.
The section titled as `Domestic T20 Leagues-Working Group Update` has a portion which states, "Mr Clarke (Giles) reported that Mr Singh (Y P) had explained in a meeting the previous day that his biggest concern was in respect of the identity of the owners of certain domestic franchises, and lack of a transparent process around how those franchises had been awarded and how they could financially be sustained."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?