Amla century drives South Africa to 301-8
Paarl (South Africa): Hashim Amla`s 112 drove South Africa to 301-8 against Sri Lanka in the first one-day international at Boland Park here doday, despite 5-53 from fast bowler Lasith Malinga.
Amla shared a 144-run partnership with Jacques Kallis (72) and a 91-run stand with new limited-overs captain AB de Villiers (52) after Malinga struck as early as the third over to remove Graeme Smith.
Amla hit eight fours in his 112 off 128 deliveries and De Villiers made a rapid half-century off just 40 balls in his first game as ODI skipper.
But Malinga returned with a typically devastating spell near the end to remove Amla, Albie Morkel (25), Faf du Plessis and Dale Steyn to slow South Africa`s scoring. He dismissed Du Plessis and Steyn in the final over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video