And Chris Gayle continued to clobber sixes!
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: From the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru to the Kennington Oval in London, Chris Gayle guarantees entertainment all across the world.
He might have not played an ODI match in the last 16 months, but with his comeback to the national side, he made sure to make a point that he can still hit sixes in ODIs as well.
Just like we saw in IPL 2012, Gayle batted sensibly against England in the second ODI initially and when he thought that the run-rate was going too low, he smashed five sixes within eleven balls.
At the end of the eighth over, Gayle had scored just 16 runs from 22 balls. In the next over bowled by Anderson, the Jamaican reminded the crowd what he is capable of by clobbering a six over midwicket boundary.
The best from Gayle was yet to follow. Tim Bresnan came to bowl the next over and Gayle hit him for three sixes in that over. The left-hander once again hit a six off Anderson’s next over straight down the ground and the local crowd too cheered some of his huge blows.
Gayle was unfortunate to be given out lbw off Swann’s bowling while the replays suggested that the ball hit his bat first and then the pads. His dismissal came as a huge relief for the England bowlers who were threatened by Gayle’s onslaught.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Ringing Bells starts delivery of Freedom 251 smartphone from today
- Tiger Shroff and Disha Patani's latest video is CUTE! Watch here
- Lenovo K4 Note gets a price cut; available at Rs 10,999
- RSS trying to ''appease'' Muslims: Shiv Sena
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Minnows Iceland dump mighty England out of Euro 2016