And Chris Gayle continued to clobber sixes!
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: From the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru to the Kennington Oval in London, Chris Gayle guarantees entertainment all across the world.
He might have not played an ODI match in the last 16 months, but with his comeback to the national side, he made sure to make a point that he can still hit sixes in ODIs as well.
Just like we saw in IPL 2012, Gayle batted sensibly against England in the second ODI initially and when he thought that the run-rate was going too low, he smashed five sixes within eleven balls.
At the end of the eighth over, Gayle had scored just 16 runs from 22 balls. In the next over bowled by Anderson, the Jamaican reminded the crowd what he is capable of by clobbering a six over midwicket boundary.
The best from Gayle was yet to follow. Tim Bresnan came to bowl the next over and Gayle hit him for three sixes in that over. The left-hander once again hit a six off Anderson’s next over straight down the ground and the local crowd too cheered some of his huge blows.
Gayle was unfortunate to be given out lbw off Swann’s bowling while the replays suggested that the ball hit his bat first and then the pads. His dismissal came as a huge relief for the England bowlers who were threatened by Gayle’s onslaught.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Cancer: Early warning signs you shouldn't ignore!