Anderson rested ahead of third Test against Windies
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: James Anderson has been left out of the 12-man squad for the third Test against the West Indies at Edgbaston starting on Thursday.
The England Cricket Board said that the 29-year-old has been rested ahead of a busy summer schedule.
Notably Anderson had reckoned a few days ago that he was fit to play in the third Test. His statement could likely create a rift between him and the board officials.
Anderson is likely to be replaced by either Steven Finn or Graham Onions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year