Anderson rested ahead of third Test against Windies
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: James Anderson has been left out of the 12-man squad for the third Test against the West Indies at Edgbaston starting on Thursday.
The England Cricket Board said that the 29-year-old has been rested ahead of a busy summer schedule.
Notably Anderson had reckoned a few days ago that he was fit to play in the third Test. His statement could likely create a rift between him and the board officials.
Anderson is likely to be replaced by either Steven Finn or Graham Onions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets 2000 km strategic road for development
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain
- Over 34,500 criminals sentenced in 1 year in UP: DGP(Prosecution)
- Venezuela sends opposition leader back to jail, expels Ecuadoran lawmakers
- Burhan Wani's father meets Sri Sri Ravi Shankar