Anderson rested ahead of third Test against Windies
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: James Anderson has been left out of the 12-man squad for the third Test against the West Indies at Edgbaston starting on Thursday.
The England Cricket Board said that the 29-year-old has been rested ahead of a busy summer schedule.
Notably Anderson had reckoned a few days ago that he was fit to play in the third Test. His statement could likely create a rift between him and the board officials.
Anderson is likely to be replaced by either Steven Finn or Graham Onions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Indian aid worker Judith D'Souza rescued from captors in Afghanistan returns home
- 80 killed, over 200 injured in twin suicide bomb attacks on Kabul protesters; Islamic State claims responsibility
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators