Andy Flower sacked as England coach following humiliating Ashes defeat
Zee Media Bureau/ Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: The England Cricket Board (ECB) on Friday sacked coach Andy Flower following a disappointing show in the Ashes series, according to reports.
The Alastair Cook-led side had been thrashed 5-0 by Australia, who also went on to win the five-match ODI series. Michael Clarke and his boys outlclassed England in all departments of the game and speculation was rife that Flower might be asked to step down.
Notably, some reports also suggested that Flower was unhappy with Kevin Pietersen`s attitude and had presented a `him or me` option before the selectors.
Flower was appointed as the England team`s director in 2009 from where he led England to the No. 1 rank in all three formats. Flower brought more accolades to the team, as England won three consecutive Ashes series and the World Twenty20 during his tenure.
According to reports, the ECB will confirm his stepping down later today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Bid goodbye to frizzy hair this monsoon
- Xiaomi Mi Max smartphone, MIUI 8 to be launched today
- Amit Shah questions circumstances behind Syama Prasad Mookerjee's death, accuses Nehru of historic blunder on J&K issue
- SHAMEFUL! Hindu journalist in Pakistan forced to drink from separate glass in office as Muslims raise objections
- Be ready to tackle floods, Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik's message to administration