Anjum Chopra to lead women`s cricket team in West Indies
Bangalore: Veteran batter Anjum Chopra on Friday replaced Jhulan Goswami as the captain of a 15-member Indian women`s cricket team for the Twenty20 and ODI tour of West Indies starting February 18.
Mithali Raj will be the 34-year-old Chopra`s deputy during the tour which comprises five Twenty20s and three ODIs.
Jhulan remains a part of the team despite losing the captaincy.
The Twenty20s will be played from February 18 to 27.
After a day`s break, the teams will play the first of their three ODIs in Kingston.
The squad: Anjum Chopra (Captain), Mithali Raj (Vice Captain), Jhulan Goswami, Harmanpreet Kaur, Veda Krishnamurthy, Subhalaxmi Sharma, Diana David, Sunitha Anand, Gouhar Sultana, Mamtha Kanojia, Archana Das, Ekta Bist, Amita Sharma, Madhuri Mehta, Sulakshna Naik.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt