Anjum Chopra to lead women`s cricket team in West Indies
Bangalore: Veteran batter Anjum Chopra on Friday replaced Jhulan Goswami as the captain of a 15-member Indian women`s cricket team for the Twenty20 and ODI tour of West Indies starting February 18.
Mithali Raj will be the 34-year-old Chopra`s deputy during the tour which comprises five Twenty20s and three ODIs.
Jhulan remains a part of the team despite losing the captaincy.
The Twenty20s will be played from February 18 to 27.
After a day`s break, the teams will play the first of their three ODIs in Kingston.
The squad: Anjum Chopra (Captain), Mithali Raj (Vice Captain), Jhulan Goswami, Harmanpreet Kaur, Veda Krishnamurthy, Subhalaxmi Sharma, Diana David, Sunitha Anand, Gouhar Sultana, Mamtha Kanojia, Archana Das, Ekta Bist, Amita Sharma, Madhuri Mehta, Sulakshna Naik.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- SSC CGL Official Notification 2017 expected to be released soon at ssc.nic.in