Anjum Chopra to lead women`s cricket team in West Indies
Bangalore: Veteran batter Anjum Chopra on Friday replaced Jhulan Goswami as the captain of a 15-member Indian women`s cricket team for the Twenty20 and ODI tour of West Indies starting February 18.
Mithali Raj will be the 34-year-old Chopra`s deputy during the tour which comprises five Twenty20s and three ODIs.
Jhulan remains a part of the team despite losing the captaincy.
The Twenty20s will be played from February 18 to 27.
After a day`s break, the teams will play the first of their three ODIs in Kingston.
The squad: Anjum Chopra (Captain), Mithali Raj (Vice Captain), Jhulan Goswami, Harmanpreet Kaur, Veda Krishnamurthy, Subhalaxmi Sharma, Diana David, Sunitha Anand, Gouhar Sultana, Mamtha Kanojia, Archana Das, Ekta Bist, Amita Sharma, Madhuri Mehta, Sulakshna Naik.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre