Arafat replaces Smith in Scorchers` BBL squad
Melbourne: Perth Scorchers` international all rounder Dwayne Smith is expected to miss the entire Twenty20 Big Bash League (BBL) due to personal reasons and will be replaced by Pakistani Yasir Arafat.
If Smith becomes available during the tournament, the Scorchers can apply to the BBL technical committee to have him resume his place in the 18-player squad.
Meanwhile, Brisbane Heat paceman Nick Buchanan has been ruled out because of injury and will be replaced by 19-year-old Queensland quickie Mark Steketee.
"Under the new BBL playing conditions for this season, Buchanan will be able to resume his place in the squad if he recovers from injury and is fit to resume playing duties before the end of the tournament," a Cricket Australia (CA) statement said Tuesday.
The technical committee approved the changes to the Scorchers and Heat squads. Round 2 of the BBL gets underway on Boxing Day with the Scorchers taking on the Renegades at the WACA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month