Arafat replaces Smith in Scorchers` BBL squad
Melbourne: Perth Scorchers` international all rounder Dwayne Smith is expected to miss the entire Twenty20 Big Bash League (BBL) due to personal reasons and will be replaced by Pakistani Yasir Arafat.
If Smith becomes available during the tournament, the Scorchers can apply to the BBL technical committee to have him resume his place in the 18-player squad.
Meanwhile, Brisbane Heat paceman Nick Buchanan has been ruled out because of injury and will be replaced by 19-year-old Queensland quickie Mark Steketee.
"Under the new BBL playing conditions for this season, Buchanan will be able to resume his place in the squad if he recovers from injury and is fit to resume playing duties before the end of the tournament," a Cricket Australia (CA) statement said Tuesday.
The technical committee approved the changes to the Scorchers and Heat squads. Round 2 of the BBL gets underway on Boxing Day with the Scorchers taking on the Renegades at the WACA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- Lok Sabha adjourns after uproar over AAP MP Bhagwant Mann's Parliament video, other issues
- Book on LK Advani to be released without his consent?
- Hong Kong student leader pleads not guilty
- Gold down by Rs 51 to Rs 31,347 per 10 gram in futures trade
- ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth mania grips nation – WATCH to believe it