Arafat replaces Smith in Scorchers` BBL squad
Melbourne: Perth Scorchers` international all rounder Dwayne Smith is expected to miss the entire Twenty20 Big Bash League (BBL) due to personal reasons and will be replaced by Pakistani Yasir Arafat.
If Smith becomes available during the tournament, the Scorchers can apply to the BBL technical committee to have him resume his place in the 18-player squad.
Meanwhile, Brisbane Heat paceman Nick Buchanan has been ruled out because of injury and will be replaced by 19-year-old Queensland quickie Mark Steketee.
"Under the new BBL playing conditions for this season, Buchanan will be able to resume his place in the squad if he recovers from injury and is fit to resume playing duties before the end of the tournament," a Cricket Australia (CA) statement said Tuesday.
The technical committee approved the changes to the Scorchers and Heat squads. Round 2 of the BBL gets underway on Boxing Day with the Scorchers taking on the Renegades at the WACA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly