Arafat replaces Smith in Scorchers` BBL squad
Melbourne: Perth Scorchers` international all rounder Dwayne Smith is expected to miss the entire Twenty20 Big Bash League (BBL) due to personal reasons and will be replaced by Pakistani Yasir Arafat.
If Smith becomes available during the tournament, the Scorchers can apply to the BBL technical committee to have him resume his place in the 18-player squad.
Meanwhile, Brisbane Heat paceman Nick Buchanan has been ruled out because of injury and will be replaced by 19-year-old Queensland quickie Mark Steketee.
"Under the new BBL playing conditions for this season, Buchanan will be able to resume his place in the squad if he recovers from injury and is fit to resume playing duties before the end of the tournament," a Cricket Australia (CA) statement said Tuesday.
The technical committee approved the changes to the Scorchers and Heat squads. Round 2 of the BBL gets underway on Boxing Day with the Scorchers taking on the Renegades at the WACA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Japan gives up on failed black hole research satellite
- Notice issued to Priyanka Gandhi Vadra over her land deal in Shimla
- PM Modi tests performance of BJP MPs on social media; Sushma Swaraj emerges star performer
- CAD to widen to $25 billion in FY17 on surge in gold imports, sluggish exports: Report
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday