‘Argus Report’ won’t derail Australia’s tour of Sri Lanka: Clarke
Colombo: Australian captain Michael Clarke has revealed that his players have made a pact not to discuss the ‘Argus Report’ during the ongoing tour of Sri Lanka.
Clarke’s comment comes after Australia won the fourth ODI in Colombo to take an unassailable 3-1 series lead in the five-match tournament.
When asked if he was worried that the report would derail his team’s tour,” Clarke said: “There’s always issues outside of the game that you face every day as a distraction.”
“What I try to tell the boys is that it’s up to us to determine how big a distraction it actually becomes. We left our meeting the other day and made a pact to each other that we weren’t going to talk about it,” he added.
The 30-year-old further said that the team’s job is to play good cricket on the field.
“We did that yesterday at training. We had an optional training session yesterday that every single player turned up to,” a leading daily quoted Clarke, as saying.
“We probably trained too hard to be honest, I was a little bit worried we were going to be a bit tired for today, but it was the complete opposite,” he added.
The ODI series wraps up on Monday.
Australia will take on a Board XI in Colombo in a three-day tour match before the first Test, which will be played in Galle from August 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested