Arun Jaitely, Shashank Manohar leading race to replace Srinivasan as interim chief
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Following the arrest of Gurunath Meriyappan, the pressure is mounting on current BCCI president N Srinivasan to resign from his post.
According to reports, current BCCI vice-president Arun Jaitely and former president Shashank Manohar are the leading contenders to step in as the interim chief if the post of the president is vacated.
It has also been learnt that the decision on Srinivasan will be taken by the BCCI only after the end of the current season of IPL.
However, Srinivasan is defiant saying there is no question of him quitting the cricket board.
"I have done nothing wrong. There is no question of my resigning. My conscience is clear," Srinivasan told a news channel on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj