Arun Jaitely, Shashank Manohar leading race to replace Srinivasan as interim chief
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Following the arrest of Gurunath Meriyappan, the pressure is mounting on current BCCI president N Srinivasan to resign from his post.
According to reports, current BCCI vice-president Arun Jaitely and former president Shashank Manohar are the leading contenders to step in as the interim chief if the post of the president is vacated.
It has also been learnt that the decision on Srinivasan will be taken by the BCCI only after the end of the current season of IPL.
However, Srinivasan is defiant saying there is no question of him quitting the cricket board.
"I have done nothing wrong. There is no question of my resigning. My conscience is clear," Srinivasan told a news channel on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur