Arun Jaitely, Shashank Manohar leading race to replace Srinivasan as interim chief
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Following the arrest of Gurunath Meriyappan, the pressure is mounting on current BCCI president N Srinivasan to resign from his post.
According to reports, current BCCI vice-president Arun Jaitely and former president Shashank Manohar are the leading contenders to step in as the interim chief if the post of the president is vacated.
It has also been learnt that the decision on Srinivasan will be taken by the BCCI only after the end of the current season of IPL.
However, Srinivasan is defiant saying there is no question of him quitting the cricket board.
"I have done nothing wrong. There is no question of my resigning. My conscience is clear," Srinivasan told a news channel on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Blasted by Twitterati, Tanmay Bhat hits back with 'Advani ke budhape' tweet; deletes it mins after posting
- Alan Pulido: Mexican footballer kidnapping sets off massive manhunt
- Italian actor Giorgio Albertazzi dies at 92
- Vanessa Paradis writes letter defending former partner Johnny Depp?
- Delhi: Africans thrash Ola cabbie for refusing to carry extra passengers