Aussies to arrive on Oct 5 for India series
Mumbai: Australian cricketers are set to land here on October 5 ahead of their limited overs series against India beginning on October 10.
The Australians will have three days of practice at the Brabourne Stadium here before leaving for Rajkot to play their first game -- the one-off Twenty20 International match.
"The team will arrive on October 5 night. It will practice at the CCI (Brabourne Stadium) for three days (till Oct 8) before leaving for Rajkot (venue of lone T20 game on October 10)," Cricket Board sources told a news agency.
Australian selectors have picked a 14-strong team for the seven-match ODI series to follow from October 13 while reserving the right to choose players who are already in the country and taking part in the ongoing Champions T20 League.
There is a question mark on Clarke`s availability too due to his back problem. He has been selected subject to fitness clearance.
Steve Rixon is the head coach of Australia.
ODI squad: Michael Clarke (Captain), George Bailey (Vice-Captain), Nathan Coulter-Nile, Xavier Doherty, James Faulkner, Aaron Finch, Brad Haddin, Moises Henriques, Phil Hughes, Mitchell Johnson, Glenn Maxwell, Clint McKay, Adam Voges, Shane Watson.
ODI series schedule: Oct 13 (Pune), Oct 16 (Jaipur), Oct 19 (Mohali), Oct 23 (Ranchi), Oct 26 (Cuttack), Oct 30 (Nagpur), November 3 (Bangalore).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match
- Congress may project Priyanka Gandhi or Rahul Gandhi as its CM candidate for UP polls 2017
- ISKCON pins hopes on PM Narendra Modi for Krishna temple in Moscow