Aussies to arrive on Oct 5 for India series
Mumbai: Australian cricketers are set to land here on October 5 ahead of their limited overs series against India beginning on October 10.
The Australians will have three days of practice at the Brabourne Stadium here before leaving for Rajkot to play their first game -- the one-off Twenty20 International match.
"The team will arrive on October 5 night. It will practice at the CCI (Brabourne Stadium) for three days (till Oct 8) before leaving for Rajkot (venue of lone T20 game on October 10)," Cricket Board sources told a news agency.
Australian selectors have picked a 14-strong team for the seven-match ODI series to follow from October 13 while reserving the right to choose players who are already in the country and taking part in the ongoing Champions T20 League.
There is a question mark on Clarke`s availability too due to his back problem. He has been selected subject to fitness clearance.
Steve Rixon is the head coach of Australia.
ODI squad: Michael Clarke (Captain), George Bailey (Vice-Captain), Nathan Coulter-Nile, Xavier Doherty, James Faulkner, Aaron Finch, Brad Haddin, Moises Henriques, Phil Hughes, Mitchell Johnson, Glenn Maxwell, Clint McKay, Adam Voges, Shane Watson.
ODI series schedule: Oct 13 (Pune), Oct 16 (Jaipur), Oct 19 (Mohali), Oct 23 (Ranchi), Oct 26 (Cuttack), Oct 30 (Nagpur), November 3 (Bangalore).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?