Australian women cricket team confident of 2013 World Cup success in India
Sydney: The Australian Eves are confident of winning the ICC Women’s World Cup in India later this month.
Captain Jodie Fields said that the team will draw on the experience of their impressive World Twenty20 win, as they chase the world title.
Fields said that they were feeling pretty confident going into the tournament, and added that there are many points that they can take from the Twenty20 win, such as their ability to perform consistently throughout a tournament.
According to the report, she said that they were pleased to see their batting, fielding and bowling performances all improve throughout the tournament.
Fields pointed to strong performances from her team in Australia’s tough domestic competitions, the WNCL (50 over tournament) and the Women’s T20 competition, and cited Australia’s ODI series win over New Zealand as the ideal preparation.
Australia had also secured a 3-0 series win over India in March last year.
Australia is in Group B alongside New Zealand, Pakistan and South Africa, and will play the opening game of the tournament against Pakistan at the Bandra Kurla Complex in Mumbai on January 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says