‘Back in form’ Mohammad Yousuf eyeing international comeback
Karachi: Former Pakistan captain Mohammad Yousuf, who returned from after a successful brief stint with Lashings World XI Cricket Club, is now eyeing the inaugural Sri Lanka Premier League (SLPL) as he strives to make his international comeback.
Yousuf has been a prolific scorer for Pakistan but his absence from the domestic circuit forced the selectors not to consider him for the national squad.
The experienced middle order batsman, who last played for Pakistan in the five-match One-Day International (ODI) series against South Africa in November 2010, resurfaced prior to the ongoing tour of Sri Lanka when he trained under the supervision of coach Dav Whatmore.
The 37-year old declared himself fit to return to the national fold and but the selectors decided against including him for the tour, citing his long absence from domestic cricket.
The veteran batsman scored two centuries in the three matches he played for Lashings, including a 121-run knock against Rockhampton, sources report.
“It’s been a long time since I played competitive cricket. Although I was confident about my form before the tour, the two centuries have helped me a lot. I felt fit and comfortable during the matches despite playing long innings.
“The stint has lifted my morale and I will continue the struggle to make a comeback,” Yousuf said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway