Ball tampering allegations by Giles `untrue` and `disappointing`: Anderson
Sydney: England fast bowler, James Anderson has called the allegations leveled against the team for ball tempering by its former captain Ashley Giles as ` untrue` and `very disappointing`.
Anderson denied the allegations made by Giles that the team obtained reverse swing by methods banned under cricket`s laws.
Anderson expressed surprise over the allegations coming from someone like Giles who has been the team`s former captain and said that the allegations have come as a very ` unwelcome distraction` to the team.
Anderson said that such an allegation is very disappointing especially when the team is preparing for a very massive game and defended the team that no such tampering has been done by the team.
He further said that the team has not gone against the laws and if England bowlers are more skillful in reverse swing than others at a given day, it does not mean they have tampered with the ball.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump