Bangladesh in trouble in first Test vs Pakistan
Chittagong: Bangladesh delivered another tame batting performance in the opening test against Pakistan in Chittagong on Friday and were bowled out for 135 runs in their first innings.
Saeed Ajmal and Abdur Rehman each grabbed three wickets, with Rehman claiming the final wicket when he had Nasir Hossain (41) caught by Azhar Ali at forward short leg to force an early tea break.
The 20-year-old Nasir had provided brief resistance for the home side before he fell a run short of his career best in only his third test.
Bangladesh had gone in at lunch on 52 for five and fared no better at the crease on the resumption of play, losing the wicket of opener Nazimuddin in the third over after the break.
The debutant local boy, dropped by wicketkeeper Adnan Akmal off Ajmal two balls before lunch, fell on 31, edging Umar Gul at third slip to Mohammad Hafeez.
Ajmal trapped Mahmudullah in front for 18 before he took the wicket of Elias Sunny, finishing with figures of 3-40.
Earlier Aizaz Cheema grabbed two wickets as Pakistan rocked Bangladesh in the opening session.
Nazimuddin and Tamim Iqbal saw off the first half hour without any damage before Cheema struck to take the wicket of Tamim, caught by Adnan for nine.
It triggered a familiar collapse as Bangladesh lost four more wickets for 30 runs.
Shahriar Nafees gave a catch to Younus Khan off Cheema without scoring, while Mohammad Ashraful (one) edged Gul for Adan to take a simple catch behind the stumps.
Skipper Mushfiqur Rahim went lbw off Ajmal before Shakib Al Hasan brought about his own demise by attempting a sweep shot off left-arm spinner Rehman.
Hafeez, the only Pakistani bowler not to get a wicket in the first session, took the catch at short square leg to send Shakib back for eight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing