BCB clears payment due to Pak players after legal threat
Karachi: Pakistan players have finally received their outstanding dues from the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB), after a legal action threat issued by the Federation of International Cricketers Association (FICA) to the BCB over non-payment of dues to the players who took part in the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL).
"I got my full dues two days back from the BPL," the Daily Times quoted former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi, as saying.
Afridi was one of the most expensive players purchased in the players bid for the tournament.
FICA chief executive Tim May had sent a letter to BCB president Mustafa Kamal a few days ago, asking him to clear the dues of all overseas and local players who took part in the BPL within five days or face legal action.
Afridi, who only played in the semi-final and final for Dhaka and had a price of around 700,000 dollars in the bid, said he had enjoyed his experience of playing in the BPL.
The FICA stepped in after several overseas players, including Australians, who played in the BPL claimed that the franchises had not fulfilled their promise of clearing their full payments within 45 days after the last match of the BPL.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know