BCCI allows Srinivasan to perform statutory functions
Kolkata: His exile is not yet over but N Srinivasan was given the go ahead to perform the BCCI`s "constitutional and statutory functions" by the Working Committee which also invited him to attend the Board`s Annual General Meeting on September 29 in Chennai.
Srinivasan, who was forced to step aside in the wake of the IPL spot-fixing scandal in which his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan was implicated, attended the working committee meeting here on Sunday.
The Tamil Nadu strongman, however, did not chair the meeting, which was presided over by interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya.
"Mr. Jagmohan Dalmiya was in the Chair. He informed the members that there were certain constitutional and statutory functions of the President, BCCI, which would have to be discharged by Mr N Srinivasan till the next AGM," BCCI Secretary Sanjay Patel said in a statement after the working committee meeting.
"It was decided that the Working Committee invite Mr. N. Srinivasan, President, BCCI, to perform his constitutional and statutory functions and attend the meeting," he added.
Besides Srinivasan, India`s itinerary in the coming months was also discussed by the Board officials, who have proposed a home series against the West Indies in November this year to ensure that senior batsman Sachin Tendulkar plays his 200th Test in front of Indian fans.
"Apart from the Home Series against Australia in October 2013, the Working Committee approved a proposed Home series against the West Indies in the month of November 2013," the Board stated.
"The Indian team`s tour of New Zealand for two Tests and five ODIs in January/February 2014 was approved. The Indian team`s tour of England for five Tests/five ODIs/one T20 International, from July to September 2014, was approved," it added.
The AGM on September 29 will be the Board`s 84th and Srinivasan is expected to seek a second term as President during the meet.
Apart from this, it was decided that the Board`s Disciplinary Committee will meet on September 13 to consider Anti-Corruption Unit chief Ravi Sawani`s report on the IPL spot-fixing scandal.
Besides, the BCCI also approved the recommendations made by the National Cricket Academy`s Board.
These recommendations include having an arrangement with MRF Pace Foundation and utilise the facilities of the KSCA at Alur, near Bangalore.
The NCA Board has also recommended setting up academies in each of the five zones, and a dedicated academy for the North-Eastern states in Guwahati.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!