BCCI appointed inquiry commission to probe CSK, RR management
Bangalore: The three-member inquiry commission, which has been set up by the BCCI to probe into the spot-fixing and betting charges during IPL 6, would look into the roles of Gurunath Meiyappan and owners of Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Rajasthan Royals (RR) franchises.
"In addition to looking into the complaints of Meiyappan, we will also look into the complaints against India Cements Limited and Jaipur Private Limited, which own Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Rajasthan Royals (RR) franchises," Justice (retired) Jayaram Chouta, one of the panel members said.
Asked about the focus area of the probe, Justice Chouta said it depends upon the complaint which the panel has not received so far. "Once the chairman of the panel is nominated there will be correspondence between him and BCCI. The cricket body then will send (a copy of the) complaint to the chairman," he said.
Justice Chouta said no timeframe has been set for the inquiry to be completed as it depends upon the scope of the investigation.
He said the commission will not ask the beleaguered BCCI president N Srinivasan to step down from his post.
"We cannot tell him to relinquish his post. It has been left to him. The Commission cannot tell him to step down," he said.
Justice Chouta once again ruled out any interference from the BCCI chief and said nobody can influence his probe.
The BCCI had, on Tuesday, constituted a three-member inquiry commission including two retired High Court judges to go into allegations against Meiyappan, son-in-law of Srinivasan, who has been arrested on charges of betting in the recently-concluded Indian Premier League matches.
Justice Chouta, Justice R Balasubramanian, former Judge of the Madras High Court, and BCCI Secretary Sanjay Jagdale are members of the commission, which will also go into the allegations against three players of the Rajasthan Royals team and its franchise, as well as the Chennai Super Kings, of which Meiyappan was the Team Principal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!