BCCI appointed inquiry commission to probe CSK, RR management
Bangalore: The three-member inquiry commission, which has been set up by the BCCI to probe into the spot-fixing and betting charges during IPL 6, would look into the roles of Gurunath Meiyappan and owners of Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Rajasthan Royals (RR) franchises.
"In addition to looking into the complaints of Meiyappan, we will also look into the complaints against India Cements Limited and Jaipur Private Limited, which own Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Rajasthan Royals (RR) franchises," Justice (retired) Jayaram Chouta, one of the panel members said.
Asked about the focus area of the probe, Justice Chouta said it depends upon the complaint which the panel has not received so far. "Once the chairman of the panel is nominated there will be correspondence between him and BCCI. The cricket body then will send (a copy of the) complaint to the chairman," he said.
Justice Chouta said no timeframe has been set for the inquiry to be completed as it depends upon the scope of the investigation.
He said the commission will not ask the beleaguered BCCI president N Srinivasan to step down from his post.
"We cannot tell him to relinquish his post. It has been left to him. The Commission cannot tell him to step down," he said.
Justice Chouta once again ruled out any interference from the BCCI chief and said nobody can influence his probe.
The BCCI had, on Tuesday, constituted a three-member inquiry commission including two retired High Court judges to go into allegations against Meiyappan, son-in-law of Srinivasan, who has been arrested on charges of betting in the recently-concluded Indian Premier League matches.
Justice Chouta, Justice R Balasubramanian, former Judge of the Madras High Court, and BCCI Secretary Sanjay Jagdale are members of the commission, which will also go into the allegations against three players of the Rajasthan Royals team and its franchise, as well as the Chennai Super Kings, of which Meiyappan was the Team Principal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?