BCCI drops Tallam Venkatesh as treasurer: Reports
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Three days after the BCCI interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya announced the name of Tallam Venkatesh as the new treasurer, the board has reportedly dropped his name.
According to a report in a leading daily, the board had to retract appointment on technical grounds.
“For office-bearers, you needed to have attended at least two AGMs but when they realised that wasn’t the case, the name had to be taken back,” an official was quoted as saying in the report.
The BCCI has convened on Monday yet another Emergent Working Committee meeting in New Delhi to take stock of the IPL spot-fixing crisis which has grown with each passing day.
It is likely that a new treasurer will be named after the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?