BCCI lifts ban on Praveen Kumar
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Discarded Indian paceman Praveen Kumar, who had been suspended by the BCCI for misconduct during a Corporate Trophy match on February 4, will be back playing for Uttar Pradesh soon as the board lifted the ban on him and let him off with a severe reprimand.
Praveen had pleaded guilty after the BCCI issued him a show cause notice in February.
"BCCI has lifted the suspension and the president has decided to let Praveen off with a warning this time. The members felt that the month-long suspension was punishment enough. He had missed domestic games," a top BCCI official was quoted as saying by a leading English news daily.
Praveen will now be eligible to play for his state in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Tropy and the IPL which starts in April.
Praveen had made an insulting gesture and also used violent physical contact against Ajitesh Argal following which the umpires had charged him with ‘Code of Conduct’ violation under clause 2.2.8 and had given a detailed report of the incident in a letter to the BCCI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- She's a bae! Priyanka Chopra to get special poster for 'Baywatch'