BCCI lifts ban on Praveen Kumar
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Discarded Indian paceman Praveen Kumar, who had been suspended by the BCCI for misconduct during a Corporate Trophy match on February 4, will be back playing for Uttar Pradesh soon as the board lifted the ban on him and let him off with a severe reprimand.
Praveen had pleaded guilty after the BCCI issued him a show cause notice in February.
"BCCI has lifted the suspension and the president has decided to let Praveen off with a warning this time. The members felt that the month-long suspension was punishment enough. He had missed domestic games," a top BCCI official was quoted as saying by a leading English news daily.
Praveen will now be eligible to play for his state in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Tropy and the IPL which starts in April.
Praveen had made an insulting gesture and also used violent physical contact against Ajitesh Argal following which the umpires had charged him with ‘Code of Conduct’ violation under clause 2.2.8 and had given a detailed report of the incident in a letter to the BCCI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes