BCCI lifts ban on Praveen Kumar
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Discarded Indian paceman Praveen Kumar, who had been suspended by the BCCI for misconduct during a Corporate Trophy match on February 4, will be back playing for Uttar Pradesh soon as the board lifted the ban on him and let him off with a severe reprimand.
Praveen had pleaded guilty after the BCCI issued him a show cause notice in February.
"BCCI has lifted the suspension and the president has decided to let Praveen off with a warning this time. The members felt that the month-long suspension was punishment enough. He had missed domestic games," a top BCCI official was quoted as saying by a leading English news daily.
Praveen will now be eligible to play for his state in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Tropy and the IPL which starts in April.
Praveen had made an insulting gesture and also used violent physical contact against Ajitesh Argal following which the umpires had charged him with ‘Code of Conduct’ violation under clause 2.2.8 and had given a detailed report of the incident in a letter to the BCCI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB
- What a pervert! Bijnor imam caught on camera during rape – Watch shocking video
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars