BCCI lifts ban on Praveen Kumar
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Discarded Indian paceman Praveen Kumar, who had been suspended by the BCCI for misconduct during a Corporate Trophy match on February 4, will be back playing for Uttar Pradesh soon as the board lifted the ban on him and let him off with a severe reprimand.
Praveen had pleaded guilty after the BCCI issued him a show cause notice in February.
"BCCI has lifted the suspension and the president has decided to let Praveen off with a warning this time. The members felt that the month-long suspension was punishment enough. He had missed domestic games," a top BCCI official was quoted as saying by a leading English news daily.
Praveen will now be eligible to play for his state in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Tropy and the IPL which starts in April.
Praveen had made an insulting gesture and also used violent physical contact against Ajitesh Argal following which the umpires had charged him with ‘Code of Conduct’ violation under clause 2.2.8 and had given a detailed report of the incident in a letter to the BCCI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro to be launched today; Is Mi Notebook on the way too?
- Income Tax raid at AAP legislator's residence
- Bezwada Wilson, T M Krishna win Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Caribbean Premier League eyes US ahead of T20 games
- Mayawati slur row: Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh spotted in Jharkhand – See pics