BCCI likely to lose 2000 crores due to Kochi termination: Modi
New Delhi: Former IPL commissioner Lalit Modi has again fired a salvo at BCCI bigwigs Sashank Manohar and current president N. Srinivasan for the "mess" created due to termination of IPL franchise Kochi Tuskers Kerala.
The BCCI on Tuesday decided to terminate the IPL contract of Kochi franchise due to non-payment of bank guarantee.
"Kochi now being terminated - a further loss of 1500 crores to BCCI. Compounded by reduction in Media Rights. My estimate 2000 crores. Who is responsible for this mess now? Current President and outgoing President for sure. Who will they blame now for this. Where is the accountability and who will take responsibility," Modi wrote on his twitter page.
Terming himself as a self-proclaimed whistle blower about the shady dealing related to Kochi, Modi wrote in his blog: "Now, 18 months later, the BCCI has terminated the Kochi contract on the basis of an unpaid bank guarantee which, according to new President, N. Srinivasan, "....is not capable of being remedied."
"As a consequence, the BCCI now stands to lose more than US $300 million by virtue of reduced commercial revenue because Kochi`s suspension means fewer teams and therefore games - not to mention a loss of credibility for the IPL itself," he saaid.
Modi stated that he now wants to know as to who will own the responsibility for this mess.
"It is a situation that could have been avoided but what it shows is that the unsubstantiated accusations made against me suggesting I imposed `onerous` conditions purely to try and manipulate the bidding process towards my preferred bidders has been shot to pieces."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?